1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Terrified of Heartbreak

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KorrasamiIsBest, Mar 31, 2016.

1. KorrasamiIsBest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Anybody else just terribly afraid to get hurt? Yet at the same time, I want a relationship so very badly. I've never been in one and I'm in my 20s. Never had a kiss, nothing. And a lot of my friends and family my age are already married or getting married. The company would be so nice but I also realize it takes two to make a relationship work. I'd be there for my girlfriend and give so much more than I get, and I'd be happy. I'd spoil her silly and always make sure she'd go to bed with a smile. I wouldn't ask for anything in return. But something makes me think there's something wrong with me if I'm a constant reject and no one wants me. Everyone also always talks about how painful heartbreak is, and I'm really worried that I may not be able to handle it.

2. BeautifulPoison

I can completely relate. Not wanting a heart break is... a popular opinion.

3. confusedbubble

I wasn't wanting a relationship until I got hurt last year (Back story I fell for someone who basically ghosted me after a while) now I actually feel really alone but I'm terrified of heartbreak again. I can't get my head up to go out and look in case it happens again plus what happened made me feel ugly and unwanted and still does.... I don't know

4. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Heartbreak is just something that is a part of every aspect of life so to speak. Its also something that is quite impossible to avoid. Although its not a good thing to go through, but many times, the pain of a heartbreak makes you stronger and much wiser as to what to expect or what you are looking for from potential relationships within the near future. Also, you become more aware and perceptive when it comes to someone not being genuine with you from past experience. Love is Love...and the heart knows what it wants. I knew someone such as yourself who focused all her energies on attempting to protect from being a victim of a heartbreak that the relationship fizzled due to her behavior. Therefore, don't get so caught up in being terrified, just take one day at a time and enjoy for what its worth.