1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a good deal? [first apartment stuff]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MusicIsLife, Feb 19, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

Fully furnished 3 and a half, one bedroom one bathroom, pets allowed. Its a brand new building and we get one month free, but may 1st its 850/month. my friend is planning to move in with me, which means its 425 for each of us not including heating and groceries and stuff. Oh and its right in the heart of downtown montreal.

What do you gusy think?

2. xequar

It'll be hard for anyone not familiar with Montreal prices to say if the price is right or not.

So, consider some other stuff and draw up a budget. I'm an apartment dweller, as well, so here's some stuff I pay to live the life I do.

-Rent (of course), water's included
    -Electric/Heat (same company does both)
    -coin-op laundry
    -cable/internet
    -cell phone
    -groceries
    -car payment
    -car gas
    -car insurance
    -health insurance (You lucky Canadians that don't have to pay for it!!!)
    -student loans

So if you put together a budget and itemize what bills and outlays you have each month, and you find you can pay your rent, then I say good luck!

3. mcrteenagers

That's pretty good price for being downtown. Depends on the area too. Here in London, an apartment downtown (nice area) at least $900 inclusive. But you go three blocks over and its $600 inclusive.