1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

have u noticed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bruenor92, Feb 20, 2009.

1. bruenor92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, i was talkin to my therapist about how im pretty much faithless now and somehow we got into this very exciting conversation. we talked about how we are both confused completely about the entire christian religion. Christianity is supposed to be pretty much the acceptance religion but in reality they r the strongest persecutors of all other people that are different. the bible says all kinds of stuff about acceptance and brotherly love, so shouldnt that pertain to all human beings, not just christians? Most christians also try to say that all other religions are wrong and their followers are pretty much gonna end up in hell. it just pisses me off that they say they love everyone but instead they kinda hate everyone else, or at least it seems like it. and if i have offended anyone im sry but i just wanted to see how everyone else felt about this, there was no offense intended to any person, thx

2. Greggers

The person with the loudest voice in the crowd always gets noticed :frowning2:

This tends to be the super out there christian groups. The ones holding the "god hates fags" signs, the ones who dont accept black people as equal to white, the ones who dont let women speak up in church, the ones that call down wrath upon other religions and parts of christianity who dont have the same views, the ones standing in the streets naked with the signs saying "the end is near, repent!"

The churchs you dont hear about are the ones who love and accept everyone, the ones who sit back quietly and do there own thing, the ones that have rainbow flags outside there buildings, the ones that are out with the homeless people feeding them, the ones that blend into society because they dont try and offend it, the ones that think liberally and try and learn rather than just accept, the ones that have women pastors, the ones that live off the "Golden Rule".

Its sad how Christianity can be tagged with things like "ignorance" and "hate" when really its not about that. Its when humans take the message of the bible, twist and bend it to there own agenda, then go out in the world and GIVE the faith the bad name it now has. There is two sides to everything, sadly the side that people take intrest in is the bad one :frowning2:

(And yes, if you know anything about me, you know i have more reason than most people to hate Christians. I have had some very scary encounters, but recently i have had some good ones. Just try not and assume that because someone believes in God they cant believe in you too)

3. bruenor92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thx for that, i didnt rly think about those churches that do treat everyone equally but the reason that everyone sees christians as ignorant is because the majority of them r the people who see everything else as acts of the devil. yes there r those christian people who openly accept everyone but the people who r competely ignorant and intolerant greatly out number those who do accept the differences of the world, its just sad that everyone cant just actually love everyone and only see wat they believe is evil in the people that r actually probly sum of the nicest people in the world, its just not right, bottom line

4. Bryan44

I have grown in a christian home all my life, and my grandpa is a pastor. I do believe in God, but I dont believe everything that people tell me about the bible. If you think about it, there are so many different interpretations of the bible. I mean people can take one verse from the bible and find so many ways to interpret it, so whos to say which one to believe. Christianity is supposed to be a religion of acceptance and love. But obviously there must be something in the bible where it says love everyone..except homos..lol. I refuse to let people shove their religion down my throat. To me the christian church is falling apart because there are so many hypocritical people out there who DO NOT practice what they preach. Do not tell me to "love thy neighbor" and then find out your neighbor is gay and hate them. It doesnt work like that. God has unconditional love, and if He created me, then He knows what I am, and He loves me for who I am. Sorry if this doesnt make any sense, it did when I was thinking it.

5. bruenor92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i understand wat ur sayin and thats wat makes me mad, u cant say one thing and change it based on one little fact about someone, its just wrong