1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to boost your energy levels?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kodo, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm extremely lethargic today. What do you fellows of EC do to raise your energy levels?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only way I've found is exercise. If you're lethargic or tired, try to do it anyway, as much as you can. Even if it doesn't work in the short term (same day) once you get in the habit, you'll feel like you *need* to get active to burn off an excess. It's a great feeling. :slight_smile:

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Music . Music, music, music. I don't know if you generally like upbeat, energetic music, though, Alec? :slight_smile:

City of Hope by Journey is such a song, and it's really good. :slight_smile:

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll check this out. Most of the music I listen to is mellow indie or folk, but I occasion some alt. rock or k-pop (this is mostly when I workout).

Thanks for the suggestions. Any others?

5. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Jaw dropping music, for me that means something that is written so so so well, something that is played fantastically or a mixture of both.

This may not work for everyone, but I find that Jazz is a really big booster for me, the one piece ive had to listen to at the moment is a piece called Blues in 3, its the test piece for a huge school Jazz festival called Generations in Jazz (ive heard its the biggest festival of its type in the world woooooo) and well its really hard. But it sounds super awesome :grin: and ofc i get one of the hard parts as the guy who wrote it is a trombonist and decided "Hey, trombones don't get hard stuff often, lets screw them over in this one big section, i love that idea a heap, oh bass trombone doesn't get intresting lines, lets have it do something 100% different to the rest of the trombones the whole time".

Enough of my drabble, either way, try some Jazz is the conclusion of that.

(Not sure if theres any recording of Blues in 3 that's not illegal to give to people yet... Hopefully will find one after May 8th? Its not Blues in 3/4, that's a different piece)

Or another thing that's a bit easier to find, something like an album like Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys, or Sgt Peppers by the Beatles, that works for me as well.

It really depends i guess.

If not music, maybe watch some youtube videos from the likes of some comdieans such as H3H3 or IHE. If your into video games like myself, maybe try someone like PBG or Keith Apicary, they are pretty good.

6. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coffee, sugar, running and jumping around.

7. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Going for a nice walk. Or if I am feeling lazy, a crap ton of haribo seems to do the trick. RIP sugar daily intake.

8. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a playlist with music that sometimes helps energise me.

Napping helps, if the lethargy is from sleep deprivation or if your body/mind is tired.

Writing down a few things that I'd like to do in the day that I might be looking forward to sometimes gives me a bit of motivation and energy.

Also, going outside for some fresh air or a bit of food at the cafe. Being holed up at home for too long can make me pretty tired sometimes.