1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit random but: Your opinion on scars and tattoos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lemons123, Apr 9, 2016.

1. lemons123

Would you make yourself one? Do you have some?
    Recently I'm having the crazy thoughts to remove my tattoo and also "secretly" regret the lack of scars on my body. I have one on my forehead but these days barely visible :frowning2:.

2. SAYGEUR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I personally don't want a tattoo, but i don't really mind if others have them, to me, i don't want to have something be on me that i may regret, and will need to take a lot of work to get removed...

Also i have a lot of scars around the place as my main way of relieving stress for a while was just picking at scabs and things until i bled, i have stopped that now don't worry, but i sort of wished that some of those would go away. I also have a few scars from many childhood accidents. I don't want those either.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would hope people wouldn't "make" themselves a scar. That's really not going to be a positive or healthy thing to do.

I have no strong feelings about tattoo's, but we shouldn't wish to acquire a scar.

4. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm all for anyone getting tattoos if they want them, and not getting them if they don't. I personally want some myself.

As for scars, I wouldn't deliberately want them. I already have too many for various reasons and although I don't want to hate them too much, they've caused me quite a lot of discomfort and trouble over the years and I definitely have no desire for more.

Just my personal thoughts.

#4 Alder, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got a few battle scars, though a few of them have faded. The biggest one is on my stomach, and I got that one at age 8 when I caught myself trying to open a metal deck chair and I held the joint too close to my body. That hurt like a motherfucker.

I don't have any tattoos and I'll never get one either.

6. HerrinDesFeuers

I love tattoos and I definitely want to have some.
    I think that scars can look very good too, but I would never make one myself. Also all the scars I had so far have disappeared after some time. I know that sounds weird because scars normally stay forever, but mine always fade so much that you really can't see them anymore at all.

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think they're sexy :3

8. Cedar

I have a few scars, mostly from doing stupid stuff.

As for tattoos, I want a few. I just don't know what.

9. Lyr

Lyr Guest

I want a tattoo, but I don't know what to choose, besides choosing a good one which you will not regret, all of my scars are from stupid situations : I have two of it who come from my cat, when he just attacked me from nowhere ..three years ago, and one of my sister who attacked me like my cat...she's older than me...so weird..well XD

10. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I personally like tattoos!! I would most likely never get one, just because I don't want one, but on certain people I find they look really good! On guys and girls alike.

Scars aren't really the best. I mean, you have to hurt yourself to get them. Surgical scars are fine. Accidental scars are fine. But if you intentionally harm yourself to get the scar than the mark just really isn't worth it. Scars really shouldn't be promoted... :/

11. killswitch0029

While I do like tattoos I've never gotten a tattoo myself just because I don't want something I might regret 10 years down the line.

Scars don't bother me too much.

12. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like tattoos though I have yet to get one.
    Scars and tattoss usually have insteresting stories behind then.

13. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have any tattoos, and I don't want one. They're painful. But, sometimes they're cool, and I probably might get one if it wasn't painful.

I have scars, though. I don't get why a lot of people want to hide them. I'm proud of mine.

14. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think tattoos can look really nice, but too much is too much. For example, big facials is a no-no for me. Not that I'd judge anyone who has them, I just don't find it attractive.
    I might get some tattoo someday, probably a minor one.

I have one scar, I think. Or no, two... one was handmade..
    Anyone, my mom's and my father's versions are different as to how I got my scar on my temple. My mom said I hit my head on my father's glass table, while my father said I fell down my aunt's stairs.
    ... that sounded a bit weird, didn't it? Oh well. Editing is for the non-lazy, lol.

15. EnchanterForest

I would love a tattoo, just because they are awesome.
    For scars I have like two on my face and one on my chest. I wouldn't want them to go away mainly because they remind me of the good time I have had in my life (They were all acquired during sporting activities).

16. timo

No tattoos yet. I do want one, just not sure what and where.

I have some fancy battle scars though. Nothing big, so they don't bother me. I would never, on purpose, scar myself though.

17. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not all tattoos are equal. Some can be aesthetically pleasing while others are utter eye sores. Personally I wouldn't want a tattoo only for the aesthetics. If I get one it would have some meaningful functions such as being the scannable address of my bitcoin wallet.

18. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd never get a tattoo personally.

I do have a scar though (near my left eye). I sometimes get asked about it (what's that thing on your eye? ect) but not too often. It's not something I wished to have, but I don't mind having it. I wouldn't purposely go out my way to give myself a scar though or anything like that though.

#18 Canterpiece, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  19. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think some scars can look sexy but so far I haven't gotten any. I've got a really noticeable one though on the back of my calf from when I accidentally lent against a gas fire and the hot metal basically just burnt a big square into my skin. I've also got ones from when I've been cut into my foot by bike pedals and a lot more from getting cut with oyster shells.

20. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've considered getting a tattoo, and if I did, it'd be something small somewhere not very noticeable. But I doubt I'd ever get one.
    On others, it depends, I don't mind people having one or two that might mean something to them, but it doesn't do anything for me when people cover their body in them. That being said, I don't care what people do to their bodies, and if that's what they want to do, that's their own choice.

1) I have a few scars, one I got in 9th grade, we were making different kinds of notches for traps, and being stupid I was carving towards myself and sliced my thumb open, got 4 stitches and the doctor had to glue the middle portion since it was too close to the nail to stitch.
    2) I also have one on my thigh I got when I was 6-7, I crawled through a barbed-wire fence and caught my leg.
    3) At my first job, I was carrying a bunch of loaves of meat we cut for sandwiches, when I was putting them away I caught my arm on one of the handles, which was made of metal, that I cut my arm on.

I'd never purposefully give myself a scar.