1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragged into coming out!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by faultyink, Apr 10, 2016.

1. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This Thursday, I'm going to a dinner with my sister. We're sitting with a girl and possibly someone else...and I really just want to have a good time and talk about school or something, but my sister is insistent on bringing up the fact that's she's a lesbian, if they ask about boys!!

I mean, I know that they'll ask about boyfriends/crushes, but I would be a lot more comfortable not mentioning that I'm bi, or lesbian. I told my sister this, and she said she just wanted to come out to them.

I don't know what to do!! Even when I 'came out' it was actually my sister's coming out, and I was dragged into it because the fact that we're twins makes everyone think we're the same...which, I guess, isn't wrong...

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on how to avoid this boy conversation? Or how to convince my sister not to come out to people I hardly know?? :frowning2:

2. earl228

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Uhm It's entirely up to you who you tell your bi And who you don't! It sounds like your sister wants everyone to know that's her choice if you want no one to go F they start talking about guys just change the subject I hope this helps!