1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honeymoon phase

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Apr 11, 2016.

1. MerBear

I've been told that I'm in the honeymoon phase of my relationship with my girlfriend and I agree but they say it like its a bad thing

do you think the honeymoon phase is a bad thing?

2. springroll

springroll Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honeymoon phase must be codeword for everything will go to hell..
    No, I don't see it as a bad thing. I'm trying to enjoy the moment ^.^

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes and no. The honeymoon phase is not a bad thing. It's a wonderful time in a relationship, when everything is new and exciting. It can be a bad thing if there are genuine problems in a relationship but you're blind to them. I've broken off relationships in the past after the honeymoon phase because I came to realize that I just didn't have that much in common with the person.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's magical! So embrace it MerBear! Embrace it!!!

5. MerBear

The only thing is that people tell me that my relationship will end after that.

Long distance is not easy, it's not fun but we do it so I'm enjoying it

I just wanted to know your guys thoughts on the honey moon phase :slight_smile:

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am currently in that "honeymoon phase" with my BF. All I can tell you is that, once you are familiar enough with her, and you have spent enough time with that person, you will begin to notice things that you don't like all that much (if you haven't already).

The key thing to understand is that no one will have everything in common with you, the same can be said from her point of view, there may be things she isn't all that enamored of about you.

But here's the thing, you are both creating a third entity in all of this, it's called your relationship, it's your common project with her, and soon enough, the relationship itself is the thing worth keeping and this is what makes accepting the other person's faults easier to take, because in the overall balance of things, it is still worthwhile being with her.

When the honeymoon phase wears off, don't fret, you are entering into a much deeper and more interesting phase, the one where being a grownup is important, the one where your relationship becomes something worth keeping alive.

7. MerBear

I've heard a lot of people break up after the honey moon phase, would that be true?