1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with Confrontations and Accusations

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RedRaindrops, Apr 12, 2016.

1. RedRaindrops

RedRaindrops Guest

Recently, a number of my sisters have noticed the fact I follow a fair amount of LGBT accounts on my social media (my accounts they are aware of, at least) and questioned if I was under the trans umbrella 'on the verge of a breakdown' and were generally quite concerned.

Similarly, when out with a friend of mine at the cinemas the other week, after watching a small child and their grandmother debate whether or not I was a boy or a girl for several minutes (before the child got hit by a door and fell over), my friend began to say how they personally felt that I could be whatever gender I feel I am.

This has happened a number of times to me (both in terms of gender expression and with sexual orientation) and I wanted to know if any of you have any interesting stories you wanted to share of people questioning (or doing something similar to the examples above) your gender/sexual orientation, etc.

(btw I don't particularly like the words 'confrontations' and 'accusations' for this context but am not sure how else to express it.. oops)

#1 RedRaindrops, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2016
  2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm gay, but totally can pass as straight!

I've been stopped going into a gay bar because 'I looked too straight' :dry:

On the other hand when telephone marketers phone they assume they are talking to a woman. I usually let them go on for a while until they annoy me and then I correct them in a very huffy way. :icon_twis

:grin: