1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a president change the same sex marriage laws?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akira12, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm not very political at all really and I've heard that some of the candidates don't like same sex marriage and was wondering can they possibly change te laws? With all the places that have same sex marriage now wouldn't it be impossible? Could they make our lives a living hell or what exactly? I got friends wanting trump family hates trump and so on but I really don't understand politics so don't really pay attention cause I can't grasp it lol. What president is the least worst? Which one doesn't want same sex marriage? I'm so confused lol would love some clarification! Thanks all and hope you have a wonderful day!

2. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really wouldn't worry about it. Yes, some presidential candidates don't approve of same-sex marriage, but it is here to stay in America! It would require a constitutional amendment, with a 2/3 majority in Congress to get rid of same-sex marriage.

That sounds extremely unlikely it will ever happen. Plus, if it does, there would be a HUGE outcry.

3. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it would be career suicide for a president to try and change things back now.