1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like a bit of a creep -_-

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RemakeJake, Apr 13, 2016.

1. RemakeJake

I'm a very mature 20 year old (as counteractive as that statement sounds) and I usually find myself dating guys that are older than me (I don't date often but the guys I've seen in the past year were 26-28). I matched on ****** with this boy, and he was really cute and very sweet from the get-go. His profile said he was 18 but he looked older. I never date younger but it's not something I'm against, so we kept talking for a few days. But... he just dropped the ball today that not only is he not 18, he's not 17. Or 16... He's 15 until May.......

We hadn't gone on a date yet but now I feel like a total creep for crushing on this KID. Have you had a similar experience? I'm not sure how to handle this -_- thanks guys.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Look Jake you didn't know and it's only a couple years off from 18 I mean sure he's only 15 but it's not like he's 5! I would just stop talking to him and never look back.

3. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Run for the hills.

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get out of it and don't talk to him anymore. It's not your fault though, that he lied. This doesn't make you a creep - you didn't know. And besides, some people just really don't look their age. So long as you're good to move on, I don't see a problem.

5. Irisviel

Heh, in Europe that would hardly be a problem unless his parents would object. Here, age of consent is usually 15-16. Since it's 18 LA, you should stay out of legal trouble.

You're not a creep, 16 is nowhere near a child in terms of biology and thus your sexuality is quite safe for being attracted to him - not a creep. You'd be a creep if you deliberately tried to seduce someone using their inexperience due to age and manipulate them. Here, I guess it's down to US laws. As much as I'd not judge you for it because as European I'm not alien to the idea of teenagers being legally allowed to have sex over 15... you however might get prosecuted if you make any moves. That's quite a serious problem, you're not a creep, but the law might make you one in your records. Meh.

6. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stay away.....run.

7. Joelouis

No harm in saying hello but other than that, you'll just have to write it off.

8. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I doubt many people would think you're a creep for finding a 16 year old attractive, but from a legal POV you should should stop talking to him completely.

9. I had the same issue before on a dating service. A lot of people fake their ages sadly. It ain't your fault though - Just remove him. It's the best option. :wink:

10. Jamokanderloo

Leicestershire, England, UK, Europe, Earth, Sol...
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get you, my ex told me he was 16, when he was really only 11 -_-

11. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I look a lot younger than I am--despite being 24 now I'm still mistaken for under 20 on occasion. When I was 22 I looked even younger (when clean-shaven). That caused this girl I met on another site to start sending me flirtatious messages, including some that were a bit sexual. Now of course I'm essentially asexual, so it didn't appeal to me in the first place, but I later found out she was 16 and assumed I was no older than 18. I revealed to her I was 22 and stopped the whole thing before it could go any further. She seemed quite embarrassed about it and I don't think she would've messaged me if she had known my age, but some teenagers will claim to be into "older guys" or whatever (I see it a lot on some other sites). Steer clear of that--doesn't matter how "mature" they claim they are.

12. HerrinDesFeuers

A friend of mine is 20 and his girlfriend is 15, so it can work. But if it is a legal issue for you, I would be really careful.

#12 HerrinDesFeuers, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  13. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm echoing the others. Run.

14. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Youre totally not a creep! things like this can happen to anyone. It's not like you WANTED to date a 15 year old. If you dont want to continue with this, just tell him and he'll probably understand. This is totally not your fault :slight_smile:

15. Plattyrex

It's not your fault and you're definitely not a creep, but you should stop talking to him.