1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Universities and Colleges

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SparkAndItsLike, Apr 14, 2016.

1. SparkAndItsLike

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I'm quite new here so I don't know if this is really the right area to post this in. I'm looking for advice on universities that are accepting of LGBT people in Canada. Canada is pretty accepting in general so I'm sure there won't be too much of a problem, but what I'm really looking for is a school with a lot of other LGBT people so I could gain some friendships and maybe even a relationship! I live in Canada now and would prefer to go to a school within the country. I'm a girl who likes girls at a high school with like 2 out people (not including myself, because I'm not out) despite having over 2000 students. I have not had any romantic experiences with girls this whole time so it would be REALLY nice to go to a university where that is a possibility, although it isn't my number one priority. So yeah I'm just looking for advice from anyone in university or who has knowledge about university life specifically in Canada, although I wouldn't mind some information regarding other countries if you want to share :slight_smile: Thanks

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I go to UofT and there is a pretty big LGBT community and, everyone is very welcoming. Pretty much everywhere is marked as a positive space too.

3. Plattyrex

Universities are the most liberal places on the face of the earth. A better question would be asking what ones aren't lgbt friendly.

4. guitar

UWindsor and UWO (London) are very lgbt-friendly. I've heard the U of A in Alberta is as well. I would assume most -if not all - public campuses in Ontario are.

5. SparkAndItsLike

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's a good point. Thanks :slight_smile: