1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You Do When Someone Is Mad At You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plattyrex, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Plattyrex

Hello. My mom got really mad at me tonight. Yesterday I was contacted by 2 of my old friends who used to treat me really poorly. They said they were sorry and stuff and that they wanted to meet up. My mom was very displeased when I told her about this. These are people that she really doesn't want me seeing again. I feel bad because I kinda pressured her into agreeing to let me see them, but I miss them a lot and I kinda had to. I'm going to the mall with them tomorrow, but my mom is not very happy with me. She seems really angry, and she really wants to put a lot of restrictions on our meeting. She wants to drive all of us there in the same car. I don't like this cause she HATES my old friends, and she is certainly going to confront them about certain things, which is awkward and it makes me feel rude. She also doesn't want me to stay out past 5 pm and she wants to call me every hour to make sure they're treating me okay. She also said if any of the other people who used to give me trouble are there I have to leave immediately. I know she's only getting this way because she loves me, but I hate it when she's mad at me. Is there anything I can do that will help her not be so mad at me? I really don't get what I did wrong and I don't know why she's so mad at me.

2. AKTodd

Your mother loves you and is concerned for your safety and emotional well-being. She's not going to take it well when she feels these things are being threatened. In addition, she has watched how these (infinitely worthless) people have hurt you and made your life a living hell and is probably struggling to understand why you would want anything to do with them. To be honest I can't really blame her.

Also, I'll note that you say you 'kinda had to' see them. The only things you have to do in this life are eat, sleep, breath, and go to the bathroom. Everything else is a choice, including this.

Probably not what you want to hear, but that's my 2c on the matter,

Todd

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds to me that she is just a mother who cares dearly about her son and do not want to see him get hurt. I was always told that women have very strong intuition which they can detect when someone does not have good intentions before you actually can. Therefore, run her some slack because she cares about you and wants to protect you.

4. Joelouis

Yeah, your mum seems very protective but that's not really a bad thing, and I take it she knows they treated you rough before?

I would meet up with them if they're really genuinely sorry about the past, but have your guard up and don't let them treat you bad again.