1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK lesbian

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DaniLM, Apr 16, 2016.

1. DaniLM

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi

I'm Dani, 21 from the UK. English is my first language and I'm open to learning new languages.

I'd love to meet some new people.

My main interests are graphic design, drawing, reading and skiing, but I'd like to hear about yours too. I really enjoy conversation.

Feel free to message me

2. CozyToes

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Evening. Many would say I still haven't mastered English! To say I had no flare for languages at school would be an under-statement. At least I was reasonably good at science : )

I take it at 21 with an interest in graphic design that you are just about to take you finals?
    Where are you studying? What are you planning on doing with your life - a pretty wide open question... At 41 I still don't know what I'm doing : )

3. DaniLM

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi Cozy,

Is English your first language?

What did you enjoy about science?

And no, not in school right now, taking time off to figure it out. Although I know I enjoy graphics, not so sure about school.

And I don't really have a life plan, I don't have a clue. I know I'd like to travel at some point.

Did you have any idea what you wanted to do at 21?

4. CozyToes

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello Dani.

I think the sarcasm doesn't show through when I'm typing : ) yes English is my first & only language. No matter how much I tried at school or how many French tapes I listened to I my brain would not remember anything useful. However, if someone wanted to know about volcanoes or extra planetary whatever then I was the woman to ask - learning about the way the planet & the universe works (or our very basic understanding) still fascinates me. I think I have been very lucky in life in many ways - I have always been able to pursue my educational interests. I have travelled a lot - all over the world & met a lot of interesting scientists. I guess the only part that is not at ease is my sexuality - I have always known what I am but have never had the courage to do anything about it.

So if you're not at school but love graphic design what are you doing? I don't think many people have a life plan - certainly not me - but if you like doing something then my advice would be to find put how to make it a profession. So many people work but don't enjoy the challenge or the atmosphere or the people - but we spend so many years having to do it - so if you are lucky enough to enjoy something then go for it.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey sorry I'm a US gay! :frowning2: but it's really nice to meet you Dani! :slight_smile:

6. DaniLM

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Cozy, those French tapes. I remember how fast they spoke, I think it was my French teacher's idea of a joke because no one could understand what they said! Although she was a solid lady, who let us have croissants at one point. Do you have a background in science or is it more of a hobby? I loved high school science too. Also, are you out to anyone?

I'm thinking of travelling soon, but right now I'm working and building my portfolio. Where have you been anyway? How did you do it? With graphics, I'd like to freelance. I'll figure it out, but I know I want to travel for a year if anything.

And nice to meet you Andrew99, US gays are welcome! What do you do?

7. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi and welcome! :slight_smile:

8. DaniLM

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi alexandr, nice to meet you!

9. CozyToes

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello to Alexandr and Andrew.

Andrew why are you sorry - cause you're from the US or cause you're gay : )

Dani - so many questions... yes science is my background but also my hobby - I like to know why things work & if they don't then how to fix them. Today I was on some random training course for manufacturing but got to spend the whole afternoon playing with lego - even at my age how good is that.

I have spent about 2 years in the US (from Boston, to Seattle to the southern states like New Mexico) , 1 year in Africa ( SA, Botswana & Morocco), 6 months in Asia (China, Japan & Korea) then all over the place in Europe from Iceland to Greece. I learnt something in every place (for better & for worse) & have seen some amazing geology/ history/ culture & people. It was almost always for work - better when someone else foots the bill - but weekends/ bank holidays & extra days were my own to explore. Where would you like to go in you year off? A round the world trip or something specific? Very few people have their life figured out at 21 or 41 or retirement - regardless of what the careers advisor might say!
    And to the last bit - I am not out to anyone - much to my shame

10. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi!
    My name is Rene form The Netherlands. Dani is such a cool name :grin:.
    I like graphic design and drawing alot too. skiing is fun yeah lol. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 19th Apr 2016 at 10:05 PM ----------

Hi!
    My name is Rene form The Netherlands. Dani is such a cool name :grin:.
    I like graphic design and drawing alot too. skiing is fun yeah lol. :slight_smile:

11. rainbowlovatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Dani! I'm a lesbian, too, only I'm across the pond in Canada. I'm 29 years old, but I'm a kid at heart. I love your name, by the way. In season 5 of Glee, Demi Lovato played a lesbian named Dani. :love: I was totally into Sophie and Sian's relationship on Coronation Street, too! Just adorable! Would love to have a good chat with you.

RainbowLovatic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

12. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey.. I'm a young English gay who likes languages..

13. DaniLM

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Cozy that sounds amazing, Lego and all. I'd like a round the world trip, starting in Europe. I'd do it after graduating and go from there. It's great to hear about travelling from someone who's done it, and been to so many places. Did you have a favourite place? Also, with science are you in a specific field, like Chemistry for example?

With coming out, as you're probably aware, it's a process. From my experience, when you feel ready you'll know. EC has been really helpful though, to hear about others' experiences. It's something personal to you, you may not be in a position where you feel like you can, I don't know what your situation is like. I came out when I was 15, in stages to people I felt most comfortable with- pretty scary at the time regardless, but I felt ready. It's understandable to want to keep it to yourself though.

And Hi Rene! Nice to meet you. I love your hair! Do you study graphic design or is it like a hobby? Nice to meet a skiier too. Do you ski a lot?

---------- Post added 23rd Apr 2016 at 01:16 PM ----------

Hi Rainbow! I've been to Calgary skiing, it was gorgeous there! What part are you from? And I didn't know Demi played a gay Dani, haven't seen Glee properly, but I loved Sophie and Sian. I remember I was just coming out at the time, I get so nostalgic for them! They were adorable. What do you do across the pond?

Nice to meet you SillyGoose! What languages do you speak?

14. rainbowlovatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Very nice to meet you, too, Dani! I'm from Ontario, which is central Canada. I'm a cashier and an office administration clerk. Not out to very many people yet, but perhaps one day. I really enjoy good exercise, board games and I'm head over heels for Demi, so quite often you'll find me singing aloud to her music. What is your favourite breakfast cereal? It is absolutely one of my favourite foods and I think you can tell a lot about a person by their favourite cereal, so that's why I'm asking. Thanks for replying back!

15. DaniLM

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Rainbow firstly Cheerios, the eternal cereal, are my favourite. Yourself?

I like a bit of Demi as well. Camp Rock Demi mostly though, when I was in the closet and didn't realise I had a crush on her, thinking I wanted to be like her. Demi is gorgeous anyway.

What's it like in Ontario? How are the people, etc?

16. rainbowlovatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honey Nut Cheerios is one of my very favourites, Dani. Demi is totally gorgeous and she is so strong too! Ontario is, for the most part, a nice place to live. Lots of fresh water, plenty of touist attractions, beautiful trees and geology and lots and lots of people! There is a gay district in the city of Toronto, as well. What about where you are from in the UK? Do you have trouble meeting other lesbians like I do?

17. DaniLM

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ontario sounds great, I can't wait to go back to Canada at some point. I had an image of Toronto in my head. Have you ever been to the gay district?

My city is small, but friendly for the most part. It rains a lot here, but when it's sunny it's great too. People are generally supportive and LGBT+ friendly, I've volunteered at our pride a few times which was fun. I found it hard to meet other lesbians at first. Especially in high school. It's still not often I meet a lot of lesbians, but I'm trying online too. What about your situation? Are you out to anyone? -Thanks for replying!

18. rainbowlovatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't been to the gay district, but my sister's boyfriend lives near it and so she's been there before for concerts and such. She thinks it's a nice place! I'm only truly out to three close friends at work and I think my family realizes, since I had a girlfriend for a few years back in 2007, but we just don't talk about it. I'm a plain jane sort of lesbian, so I don't think it's too obvious to the majority of people. I'd sort of like to make it more obvious without drawing too much attention. I love that feeling when you meet a beautiful girls eyes and your heart sort of drops in your chest. Sometimes the right perfume makes me wishy washy, as well. Do you have those moments as well? Goodnight for now!

19. DaniLM

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Rainbow, would you take a trip there someday? I'll put gay district of Toronto on my travel list. As for your family, do you think they'd be accepting if you came out? How are the people at work as well? Haven't come out to my workplace yet.

And yes, it's magical when that happens!