1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pissed at Peanutbutter

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paralyzer, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Paralyzer

Alright, I've been sick lately and I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the Peanutbutter cookies my mom brought home. I know there's a Salmonella warning going on and whatnot and I'm scared to eat one of my most favorite foods now! :[

What I'm really wondering is what are the symptoms for Salmonella.. sure I could google it.. and I probably will as soon as I post this.. but what won't be answered is when can I safely eat peanutbutter?

Actually, I'm moving this to CHIT CHAT (originally going to be posted in health section)

Okay, so when can I eat peanutbutter? And what happened? I heard people just got lazy and somehow.. Salmonella killed a few guys.

If you could respond quickly I'd appreciate it because I REALLY REALLY want some cookies right now.

#1 Paralyzer, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. biisme

I'm pretty sure that all the bad peanut stuff was recalled. Certainly if you mom just bought these. Or, are these ones that were bought a while ago and she somehow brought home now....?

3. Paralyzer

Since we're going through financial difficulties, we got them from the foodbank. All the stuff you get there has labels on them that basically say they're not good for some reason but you can still eat them. (Like the overbaked things or stuff that JUST expired)
    The cookies were apparently overbaked but they seem really greasy :[
    The thing is, they still taste amazing and I want them inside me right now...

EDIT:

I've also got peanutbutter on the shelfs that I've had before the recall was issued and I never really ate any of it and now I'm scared to finish it off...

4. Tim

Tim

To my knowledge, all the tainted peanut butter was recalled before they hit the shelves EXCEPT for peanut butter sandwich cracker things.

The Food Bank checks all food. Yes, everything they get is "expired" but everything is good for up to a week after that date (depending on what type of food it is).

5. biisme

6. Paralyzer

Well the list includes the Wal-Mart bakery cookies and I think that's where they were originally from. I was thinking maybe my recent illness has to do with these cookies...

The thing is, I still want the cookies

Maybe I should eat the cookies and if I get sick again, I should quit. Do you guys think that's a good idea? I mean, if anything happens to me, surely it'd have been an accident.

7. EM68

If you think its the cookies throw them out. You may want to go to the doctors.

8. Paralyzer

Well my mom said they'd be okay. I probably just have a cold.
    If anything happens then that'll be the last of peanutbutter for me for a while...

Also, if I don't sign into EC for a while then you guys can guess I'm in the hospital or something haha... well that's just stale humor.

At any rate, I'm eating them :]
    I'm still scared about the stuff on the shelf though.. but I guess most everything was recalled.

9. I think if you have salmonella, you'll know. I had it when I was around five and I didn't leave my bed for a week.