1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It means you are happy with life.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starfish, Feb 22, 2009.

1. starfish

So I was talking to my best friend on the phone tonight.

I mentioned that I joined at gym and got a personal trainer and am going to get into shape.

He said wow you have been a social butterfly since you came out. You are making new friends, going out to clubs, and now getting into shape. You what know that means? It means that you are happy with life.

I don't know why but it means a lot that someone else notices that change in me.

He is right, the only reason I have done these things is because now I feel like life is worth living and want to make it the best I can.

It is kind of funny when you think about it. Our lives are very complex and have many facets. That being open about the little detail of who we are attracted to, can have such a large impact on our quality of life.

2. Greggers

Yea the exact same thing happened with me

When i came out i started to eat better, exercise, go out more, i would walk around singing and dancing ALL day, i became alive almost. I mean, i didnt really notice too mubh myself, but everyone started to comment on it and i realized i really had changed alot.

3. NoLeafClover

Same thing happened with me. I used to not leave the house very often, but soon enough I was out almost every night >< I became much more willing to be around others because I was comfortable with myself - and that's an incredible feeling after so much time beating myself up.

4. Mickey

Coming out is so liberating. I congratulate everyone who has come out,and support those who haven't. As most here know,I came out in the 70's . I really do know how hard it can be. This is a great site for doing just that! EC is the best!

5. LyraLissa

Since I came out... I'm a different person.
    Polar opposite of before. And, my friends noticed more than I.
    In a few months, I went from quiet and moody and self-conscious to a dynamic, flamboyant, ecstatic person. The most healthy thing I've ever done...

And congratulations on rediscovering life. Onward and upward! :wink:

6. xXHolic

since I came out.. I don't see any difference
    life's the same, and i'm possibly the same
    pffff =/
    sometimes I wondr why I even bothered telling people while is was hmmlike "OK' when I was in the closets..=/

idk, its confusing for me :frowning2:

7. xequar

Ah, sounds about right. My friends have since remarked that I have a "whole personality" now. I actually care how I look. I enjoy life a whole lot more. I have no problems getting to know people and just being me.

I've said coming out was like seeing the world in color for the first time. I think it keeps getting more and more vibrant!

8. myra

Same for me.

Once you truly accept who you are, it makes it easier for people to be friends with you. When you aren't hiding who you are, things are better. You love yourself and you love life. And being open to people lets them see the real you.

9. I am so jealous :frowning2:
    This is why I can't wait to come out. I don't want to have to hide that much about myself. It kinda feels like I'm always holding myself back around other people because I don't want to give myself away too much.
    *is jealous*

10. Mana

Pretty much the opposite happened to me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I barely left the house as it was, and when I came out I stopped going to school and stopped horseriding.

Now I'm making an effort to do stuff, because I'm not feeling amazing exactly, and I'm attempting to make it better...

11. ColdSnap

yeah when i came out one of the main things people said were 'if it's making you this much happier then it can't be bad' which is nice :grin:

12. musican

Same here *sigh*

13. premiumheart

Well, coming out to my family made me realize that I've been worrying a lot about nothing. So yeah, that's definitely a big burden off my shoulder. I've been smiling a bit more, too.

But I'm still pretty much prone to bouts of depression and mood swings as it is.

14. HyperMuse32

My first two years out (6th and 7th grade) were really tough and awkward, but somewhere around 8th grade I started changing. I got skinnier, relatively better looking, and gained a social grace. Now I'm the diva I am. lol.

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, yes, YES!! That's what happened to me too!! I used to be the world's biggest introvert with no social life except my laptop/internet life. Now I'm an extrovert with a lot more friends and generally enjoying life much better. :slight_smile:

16. someguy82

I have noticed myself being a lot more social and taking better care of myself since I admitted to myself that I'm gay.

17. Markio

It's funny, because I'm the silly, cheerful person from when I was younger, except when I'm around groups in which I'm not out--then I'm just reserved and shy.

18. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

The exact opposite is happening to me. Since coming out I've been more upsets, I just don'
    t care about things and my relationships with mates and stuff are not going so well.

19. starfish

Well this weekend I had a distant relative pass away. I parents come back to Dallas for the funeral tomorrow. I decided to make the trip up from Austin.

I was talking to my mom tonight about all of the stuff that is going on. She noticed that I have lost some weight. I told her about the gym and personal trainer, joining a bowling league, playing basketball with some new friends today and other stuff. She made the comment that the move to Austin has been good for me because she can see a lot of good changes in me.

I'm glad she noticed as it will help paint my coming out as a positive experience when I tell them. I had thought about telling them tonight but it just isn't the right time. Unless the right opportunity presents its self tomorrow, I will stay with my original plan of telling them when I visit them next month.

20. metkigro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good choice it is always better to have a plan! ha ha