1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To everybody who gets a period

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Apr 18, 2016.

?

Do you get PMS?

1. Yes, but mildly

38.2%
  2. Yes, severely

36.4%
  3. Nope

20.0%
  4. Other (See comment)

10.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do any of you get PMS?

Yesterday was a terrible day for me. I was overly emotional and actually ended up crying at work, over something silly. Something that normally wouldn't bother me. But I think it was a combination of personal and financial worries and PMS. And it just took one little thing to set me off. Usually when I get PMS, I'm moody and irritable. Ok, I'm moody and irritable most of the time anyway, but it's just a little bit worse when I get PMS... :eusa_doh:

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get guy periods and sometimes once in a great while I will just have big mood swings and be a real nasty beeotch.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't usually get affected emotionally, and the physical pain is thankfully low. But it is still very un-fun, basically with periods being dysphoria's way of kicking transguys in the balls.

4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its called being a teenager

5. AlamoCity

I won't vote (for obvious reasons), but having a sister gives me some insight.

My sister got her monthly period this Saturday. On Friday (before it came) she was INCREDIBLY nice and cuddly; very unlike her normal moody teenage self. She seems to get very nice right before the period hits, then goes to being a bit moody and dour, and then returns to "normal teenage moody."

6. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I cry really easily, so sometimes during my period I'll be even worse, but it's pretty rare.

Sidenote: both of my exes thought they could tell when I was "being a bitch cause of my period". Neither of them were right, ever, even when we lived together, and I was on the pill, and they knew my schedule.

In fact, here's a terrifying story, my one ex was a nursing student, always knew he wanted to be in the health sciences field, had a sister, lots of girlfriends, etc. One time, he called me and was like "shit, you're going to be such a bitch starting from today. It's your period. And my sister, and my mom, and all the girls in school will be too! Ugh!" And I responded with, "...what?" :confused:?? One of the girls in his class mentioned her period starting, and he thought that meant ALL the periods were starting. As a 3rd year Bachelor's of Nursing Sciences student. #educationproblems

7. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mood already fluctuates insanely, I can't use that as an indicator. I mean, maybe I cry a bit more, but I really can't say if that's just me, my depression leaking through, or PMS. I even had to take birth control at a younger age just to regulate my mood.

Sooo, in conclusion...I have no idea.

8. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had some ocassions where I've ended up being paralysed in pain on the floor. Didn't used to be painful but the past couple of years have been hell. I find it really hard to concentrate for the 7 days and my cycle ranges from 14 days to 50 days. Add dysphoria stress with bathrooms into that already shitty mix and I find it difficult leaving the house.

9. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Badly. My depression and anxiety fluctuate, I get irritable, I cry easily and at random, one day I won't be able to stop eating and the next I won't want to eat at all, fatigue, all the muscles in my shoulders tense until they're constantly sore, some days it's hard for me to concentrate. Some periods are worse than others.

10. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope.

I had absolutely no symptoms until it hit. However, I would get massive cramping for the first day. Apart from that (and the obvious bleeding), there was no symptoms during or before.

Let me just say that I'm overjoyed to not have to deal with that shit again, though.

11. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It varies, but usually it's mild to severe. I get somewhat moody and irritable, and particularly depressed.
    The cramps and physical discomfort I get on the first few days bother me more than the emotional symptoms though.

12. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It varies.
    I've had guy periods (to steal Andrew's term) that have left me unable to move.
    I tend to be in a terrible mood for the whole week before my monthly blood ritual but during the week of it I am in a rather good mood, albeit a bit sappy/over emotional.

It also seems to cause my digestive issues to flare up. Not just my period either, if I'm around anyone who is on a period for lo get than two days my stomach seems to want to make it impossible to eat.

Beyong that there is the basic anxiety I feel leading up it. One day I'll eventually get over my fear of birth control and take it to stop these things.

13. cakepiecookie

Not really? I do get very hungry in the days before my period, and I get slightly cranky when I have cramps, but that's just because I'm feelings physically bad.

14. thepandaboss

Actually, I never did. If it weren't for the fact I was bleeding out of something I don't even want, I'd be cool. As long as I don't look down, I actually feel great. Libido goes through the roof though. I still plan on having a tampon bonfire when I go on T and get a hysto/oopho.

#14 thepandaboss, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  15. arianemoon

I get so moody. I cry a lot and I'm extra irritable. More anxious than usual. I usually just want to cuddle though. Once my period actually starts though, I am generally happier than I am the rest of the month.

16. Cedar

It really has to depend. Sometimes I get no PMS and sometimes it hurts to stand up, like alot. Imagine if some really strong person came up to you and punched you in the gut, can't stand sometimes because of it. Other times I have a very easy time with it, it's almost barely noticeable.

17. Morse Code

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate periods. I don't even want kids. I feel like the one person on earth waiting for menopause.

18. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My "time of the month" is more like "time of the week"

19. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do. I can tell when it's usually getting ready to happen because I get real bitchy and am irritated at pretty much everything anyone does

20. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I almost cried over an avacado. What do you think? :/