1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Herbal Teas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my quest of trying to lose weight, I've started drinking green tea with added Hoodia gordonii, which is believed to be an appetite suppressant. There's no scientific evidence to prove that it aids weight loss in humans, or that it is indeed an appetite suppressant, but I'm giving it a go anyway. Even if the effects are all in the head, it's still a way for me to drink some fluids during the day. It's an acquired taste though. I would much rather drink rooibos tea because it tastes nice.

I think I will finish the two boxes I bought, and then switch to rooibos instead. I packed in 3 small apples for a snack in case I get hungry. I usually eat lunch when I get home from work, which is any time between 15:30-16:00.

Do any of you drink herbal teas? If so, what do you drink, and why?

2. AlamoCity

I only drink "herbal teas" made from the black (oxidized) leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, heavily sweetened, and served in a glass chock-full of ice.

(Rooibos is also nice)

3. PrettyinPunk

I drink both herbal and other tea. Up until a couple years ago I pretty much avoided it but I'm trying to embrace it now, for the health benefits and just to vary what I drink(I no longer drink any sodas/processed juice things)

I like green tea hot or cold with honey. I've had a few herbal teas with hibiscus and raspberry, or rose, ginger, and dragonfruit. I recently went to a little tea shop and tried oolong tea for the first time, it was pretty nice!

4. nuggetbiscuit

You can try the combination of mate leaves, rosemary, green tea to boost your metabolism. If it is to much for you, you can add a little bit of melissa leaves to balance it. It tastes pretty good in my opinion, you don't have to add any sweetener. You can also try white tea, in addition to its many benefits it may also reduce the fat mass in your body. Ginger, lemon, cinnamon and turmeric are also good together and have many benefits. It also goes good with yogurt, too.

You might not like these but they are the ones that I mostly drink. I am also an herbal tea maniac so this thread is gonna be useful for me :icon_wink

#4 nuggetbiscuit, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  5. rudysteiner

I love herbal teas. I drink Lemon & Ginger, Green, Green with lemon, Chamomile, Apple & Cinnamon, and need to try Peppermint. I drink herbal tea because I don't like dairy milk, and herbal tea has more flavour than your average tea.

6. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've tried a lot of different kinds of herbal tea, as well as various kinds of tea tea (drinks made of the leaves of the tea plant).

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I start most days with this mix: 4 bags of Yogi Detox tea and 10 bags of green tea (I do half of those regular and half decaf) steeped overnight in a quart mason jar. I've lost 34 lbs and counting since August and this has helped. Fair warning, it tastes AWFUL

8. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of the time I prefer black and green teas, as they're caffeinated and high in antioxidants. Though herbal ones are nice too. I'm poor so usually they are fruit flavored herbal teas.

I'd like to incorporate St. Johns Wort tea into my diet, as this has been shown to have antidepressant effects.