1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ditching School

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plattyrex, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Plattyrex

I didn't really know where to post this, but it I don't really need support or advice so this seems like a good place. Okay, so I ditched school today, and it was super weird. I left halfway through the day with my friend because she wanted me to, and I just kinda did, and I was really worried because I have never ditched before. It was really boring, I was just crying and giving my life story to my friend for the seven billionth time, and she was being all nice and comforting because she's the best, and she said she wanted to go to McDonald's, and I didn't want to because I was afraid someone was gonna see me and I was gonna get in trouble, so she went in without me. I was kinda sitting by the road, but there was almost no traffic so I felt okay. I kinda noticed this brownish maroonish van thingy though that was coming by multiple times. There was someone driving in a circle or something, so that was weird. Eventually they pulled up to me, and they rolled down the window. There was a really dirty with a s*****y beard who was really skinny and creepy. I don't like to judge people by their physical appearance, but this guy looked really creepy. He asked me if I wanted to buy some cigarettes. I told him I don't smoke, and he said he had magazines too. I said I didn't want any of those. He looked at me like he was angry or something after that, and I got really uncomfortable. I have horrible social prolems as it is, but this guy made it even worse. Then he asked if I could lone him money for gas. I was actually legitimately scared of this guy, so I was just gonna give him like ten dollars and go away. I offered him the money, and he said I should get in the car and drive there with him so I could help pay. That kinda broke me, and I just awkwardly told him I was gonna go for a second and started walking toward the McDonald's. This guy rolled up his window, parked, and got out of his car. I went into the McDonald's, and he followed me. I went into the bathroom to get away from him because I'm and idiot, and shockingly enough he followed me there too. When he got in there he looked really angry at me, but by some miracle some other giant guy walked in and it seemed to kinda deter him, and he left. I pretty much ran out of the bathroom to my friend, and I sat in the booth really close to her cause inwas freaking scared. But then nothing happened. I think he left or something, I dunno. I was absolutely terrified at the moment, but surprisingly this isn't really bothering me as much as it probably should. This guy was really creepy though, and to an extent I'm legitimately curious as to why he was so pissed off at me. I didn't even do anything except not get in his creepy kidnappy van. He was weird and kinda mean, so I guess I shouldn't have ditched school. I'll never be bad again. Yay.

---------- Post added 19th Apr 2016 at 05:20 PM ----------

Why did they censor s*****y?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I went to public school I ditched last hour twice and didn't get caught either and looking back I'm proud of myself for doing that. I mean I never did anything in that class the teacher didn't care and I still got an A.

3. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually just read this in another thread the other day: the uncensored word is the name of a hookup site so they block it out.

(I'm not sure what to say about the actual story other than that's creepy as balls.)

#3 ThatBorussenGuy, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  4. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's creepy and weird. :|

I used to ditch all the time. 10th grade was the worst, I didn't show up for English even half of the time and I like English! XD I got caught once, by the VP, and it was nothing. My friend and I just sat in the office for the rest of 6th period.

Looking back, I wish I hadn't skipped in university. But high school? Nah, screw it.

5. Ashley2103

He was probably pissed off because you didn't fall for his trap, especially because it sounds like he really thought it through before he pulled over. I think you have a higher chance of getting caught ditching sitting in the road than going in to a McDonalds.

You should probably report that guy as suspicious if you get his license plate number (if you ever see him again) and give the details.

6. Warkupo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Glad you're okay and smart enough not to go with that guy. Staying in an open public area (inside the McDonalds) where there's lots of people was probably safer than the bathroom. XD

When I ditched school, it was to go home, since no one would be home anyway. Not that I recommend it. :x I actually regret it, but I had severe depression/personal issues at the time. I feel it really threw me off course though and got me into some bad habits. I went from an honors student to just passing. Don't mess up your education. It will affect you later in life, trust me. :s

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad you're OK, there, sounds scary.

Funny, I graduated high-school and college as an honors student, and looking back at how little it's paid off as an English major, I kinda wish I had skipped school, and had a bit more fun at that age, and wasn't so obsessed about getting good grades.

I was looking though some this cigar box where I keep 'important papers' the other day, when I was cleaning my desk, and came across the official, notarized copy of my college transcripts, and my partner said, 'wow, you got really good grades'. And I thought to myself: Never, not even once, since I graduated in 1991, has any employer or anyone else ever asked to see that transcript, or even a diploma, and it made me feel sad.

Well, I'm not advocating skipping class too often, but I do wish I'd had a bit more fun, and had lived just a bit more on the edge then, as opposed to now...

#7 HuskyPup, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  8. Plattyrex

I'm not too concerned about grades, but I really don't wanna get in trouble, so... yeah. Probably not gonna try this again.

9. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ditched school a lot, but as a 'responsible adult' I probably shouldn't recommend people in school now to do the same.

10. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I almost never ditched school, but when I did, I would go home.

My mom works at night so she'd be asleep when I came back. It wouldn't stop the school from calling though, but that's life.

I'm not encouraging you to do so again, but it's really not the end of the world if you do (well, just make sure to not do it during finals). Let me just say that 99% of people who ditch school don't get approached by weird guys in vans x)