1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does sexual fluidity mean?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ellyy, Apr 20, 2016.

1. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    People, in my mind anyway, often make it seem like sexuality can change in any way possible (for example, you can go from straight to gay to bi etc..) when talking about sexual fluidity.

I've always thought that it means that you may experience some openness towards being with someone of a gender you wouldn't normally be attracted to but not that it changes your entire sexual orientation. And if it does feel like that for someone, I'd argue that the person has always had the sexuality they felt they "changed into" just without knowing it (at least generally).

Btw, I'm not referring to fluidity that can exist within bisexuality since that is more of its own thing.

Anyway, what does it really mean and surely not everyone is sexually fluid, right?

---------- Post added 21st Apr 2016 at 04:41 AM ----------

Just did some quick research on the topic and found the answers to my questions (as far as they can be answered anyway) but if you have some thoughts of your regarding this feel free to comment.