1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Lesbians/Bi girls here who Don't want Kids?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KorrasamiIsBest, Apr 22, 2016.

1. KorrasamiIsBest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sometimes I feel like the only bi girl who doesn't want kids. I've never cared for babies and small kids and have never had the desire to have my own. I identify as Childfree. Yet every woman I seem to meet, lesbian, bi or straight, wants kids. And this is pretty discouraging. Do any of you girls, or even gay guys here, just not care for kids at all?

2. HerrinDesFeuers

It's not that I don't like kids, but I would never want to have one myself. The thought of being pregnant grosses me out.

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

The thought of having to take care of a child gives me anxiety. I wouldn't want to be pregnant either. I'd be fine if I never had kids. But if my future partner wanted to have a kid, I can come to an agreement of adoption. It'll take some more convincing if she wants to have a baby though. Lol

4. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd be fine with later adoption, I think (say, anything older than five), but I don't want to have my own kids. I'm definitely not into the whole pregnancy/birth process of it, no way, and I don't think I could care for a really young child. So don't worry, you're not alone at all. :slight_smile:

5. mgntheunicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    babies are cute but incredibly annoying at times - 7 years old+ I think I could deal with

6. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With all my issues I could never raise a child. I also would not like to be pregnant.
    I would probably be able to look after any nieces or nephews but not children of my own.

7. KorrasamiIsBest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This this this. I'm extremely tokophobic *shudders*

8. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't want kids. I don't mind hanging out with my young niece or working with kids, but I'm good with not having any of my own. My girlfriend (pansexual) has a hard limit on never having kids and I'm fine with that. If I was with someone who really wanted kids, I might be open to adoption down the road.

9. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I dont want kids, and my best friend who is a lesbian in a committed relationship doesn't want kids either (albeit for different reasons than me)

10. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interesting that this is all coming from people 20 and under. I thought the same thing when I was that age. But opinions change when you get older. That's why we don't allow toddlers to get tatoos. Everyone would be running around with a Hello Kitty or Dora the Explorer tatoo.

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same!

12. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like being able to do my own thing, and focus on my partner, having time for just us. I wouldn't give up romantic dates and cuddling just to end up changing diapers, hell no.

I'd prefer to not have any at all, but if my partner absolutely had to we could adopt and skip the whole diaper stage. :thumbsup:

13. yuanzi

I don't want kids at all UNLESS I am married and in a stable place in life and have a loving partner who really wants a kid. I am very cynical about this unfortunately because I have seen too many immature people being pressured into having children then unable to care for their own children, like my parents :frowning2:

I know this does not apply as well to western/more modernized societies but where I am from, it is always the grandparents who end up taking care of the babies.

#13 yuanzi, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  14. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I definitely want kids, but I don't want to be pregnant. The thought of giving birth terrifies me and I don't think contributing my genes would be doing my kid any favors (family history of mental issues). So, adoption it is. Or my wife could carry. Or maybe I could carry my wife's genetic child.

15. PrettyinPunk

I love kids, especially when they're little (7 and under) but I know I don't want kids right now, even in 10 years it seems unlikely. I'm not sure I'd ever be able to settle down enough to raise kids, however if I loved someone and they really wanted them I'd probably reconsider...in time.

Thankfully I have nieces and a possible nephew on the way so I can still experience the fun of little ones.:icon_bigg

16. Embi

Embi Guest

I am not good with kids and I can't imagine myself having any. I mean, sometimes I do think about it and I'm way too young to say that I'll never have kids. I am pretty sure that I don't want to be pregnant though. If I happen to have kids, I'll adopt, no matter what gender my partner has. Unless they can be pregnant themselves and are ok with being it.

17. Jellal

Kids are a huge responsibility. I don't want to devote any more time in my life to taking care of them.

18. EnchanterForest

Don't want to be pregnant that is what. I think I may adopt, but not really bother if me and my (Non-existent) partner don't get a child in the future. But I do love kids and wouldn't mind having one, it just depends on my partner.

19. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    im 26 and im childless by choice :wink: if my future partner wants one then.........id find a new partner haha:lol: just kidding idk tho itd be a heated discussion becuz im more like up and out type, not building a nest ..who knows...but as for me myself, hell no

20. DragonsInSpace

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never wanted kids. I do get a bit of flak for that though. My dad keeps telling me I'll change my mind when I'm older and all of my friends say they wanna have kids in the future but I think that if your thoughts on having a kid isn't "HECK YEA" then don't do it just because society pressures us.