1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel better songs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AsiaJ33, Apr 23, 2016.

1. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I thought we could discuss songs/videos/anything that make us feel better or that help us get through hard times so that people who need some right now can find them here :slight_smile:

I'll start. Be Calm by Fun is a great song that has helped me through a lot. It is packed with so many different emotions but also has a calming and relatable aspect as well. I recommend it :slight_smile:

What are your feel better songs/videos/anything at all really?

2. eMei

The most obvious choice for me is Fight Song by Rachel Platten, but she's also got some darn uplifting songs from here 'Be Here' album, my favourites of which being 53 Steps and Nothing Ever Happens.

Really Don't Care by Demi Lovato and Cher Lloyd is another great one.

3. secretagent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The 1975 always makes me feel better. I listened to them a lot during a happy point in my life so the memory of that feeling stuck I guess.

4. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Currently anything Fall Out Boy. Just hearing Patrick's voice calms me down. Also 'make it stop' by Rise Against. Amazing song about overcoming suicidal thoughts for teens in the LGBT+ community.

5. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I almost hate myself for listening to so much Chopin.. Some of his lesser well known pieces are on verge of classical/baroque rather than romantic/classical and some are a mix between the both.. Stuff like Étude in E minor op. 25 no. 5 : wrong note.. I'm also partial to Racmaninoff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Keep Your Eyes Open" by NeedToBreathe and "Keep Your Heads Up" by Ben Howard are really great and give me a boost when I need one.

7. Kanine

Forces of the Unseen by Cloud Cult is a song that always gets me very pumped and makes me feel like there's nothing I can't do. It's a good choice when you just want to scream it all out.

Rilo Kiley's A Better Son / Daughter is a very powerful song that I feel speaks to many people battling with mental illnesses. I guess that's what makes it so powerful: it just feel like the singer knows what is is like to suffer, so when she's listing things that will be better in the future you actually believe it.

Blame by Air Traffic Controller is a wonderful choice, especially when things have gone wrong and you feel like giving up is the only way to go. It helps me to get up again and reminds that things aren't as permanent as I sometimes fear.

I discovered Au Revoir Simone's The Lucky Onea while ago and it has become one of my favourite songs to listen not only when I want to cheer up but also when I'm already feeling good. What really gets me is the lyrics, and 'tomorrow is eventual' has almost become my motto of sorts.

This is a great thread overall, I'm so bad at finding music myself so I'll definitely check some of recommendations out :3c

8. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll be there for you by Rembrants, FRIENDS theme song. If I could only watch one show for the rest of my life FRIENDS would be it. :slight_smile:

9. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The chicken dance from the ballet La Fille Mal Gardee, choreographed by Frederick Ashton, is one of my absolute favourites. The hens and the rooster are so wonderfully charming that I just can't help smiling! :icon_bigg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAAodYX3xI8

10. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I was just about to suggest that one! *nods* It really is a great pick-me-up song. Other songs:

Fireflies by Owl City. This song really does give me a cuddly feeling in my tummy.

Beautiful Scars by Disciple.

Overwhelmed by The Animal In Me is a great song about how like, we're not alone and there's help out there if we just reach out.

Revolution by Trading Yesterday. This song is about living your life to the fullest in a way, I think.

Set Apart This Dream by Flyleaf is about, well, dreaming, and hope.

Good To Be Alive by Skillet. This song is very positive, especially when you consider it's Skillet. ^_^

And last, and first: Iridescent by Linkin Park. It's so filled with positive, 'rise-from-the-ashes' feels.

I also listen to a lot of anime music, like the song in my sig, or Days of Dash from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

11. Nikky DoUrden

Any Queen song really!

One of their best is I Want It All, a rock song with beautiful guitars and drums, and divine powerful vocals by freddie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

[YOUTUBE]hFDcoX7s6rE[/YOUTUBE]

12. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  13. Lyr

Lyr Guest

If you want to feel better, listen to music that makes you want to dance. When I don't feel right I listen to this:

Punchin' Bag - Cage the Elephant /// Vertigo - U2 /// Yellow Submarine - The Beatles /// Carry on Wayward Son - Kansas /// Birthday - The Beatles /// Left Hand Free - Alt-J

14. Alex124

Numb by Linkin Park
    The beautiful people and (s)aint by Marilin Manson

Idk, theres something about angry songs that always leave me smiling and totaly relaxed in the end. They're especialy good for falling asleep after a long and stressfull day :slight_smile:

15. rainbowlovatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Warrior and Confident by Demi Lovato. Songs that will make you feel stronger and empowered. :love:

RainbowLovatic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

16. Adjective

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I like the song Savior by Black Veil Brides.