1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your school life like?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GreenBeast123, Apr 24, 2016.

1. GreenBeast123

Awesome day isn't it? Like to walk around and breath in that fresh air my friends?

Today I wanna ask a question. Then again, don't I always?

What is your current status at school? Wanna know mine? Lonely kid who sits by himself for days on end. I've been at my school for four months and I have not one single friend. I can rock solo so it's really no big deal. What is yours though? Are you popular? Do you consider yourself an introvert?

I'm just bored and interested in hearing other peoples point of view ya know? Hope you guys have a splendid day! (!)

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It really depends on the year.

In highschool I was that awkward kid who had no real friends. I was fucking miserable in highschool.

First of year of university I had an army of acquaintances and a few close friends that I was pretty much always with.

Now, I rock it solo a lot of the time. Most classes I have kinda friends that I get along and talk about school with. I also have a few lab buddies that I occasionally get together with to work on assignments with. But nobody I'm very close to or talk to about personal stuff. I'd consider myself an introvert and not popular (but popularity doesn't really exist in university, at least not on the same scale as in highschool).

3. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in my last year of Sixth Form and my school status has always been the same - I'm on the edge of a group of people where I only really like a few of them, but actively making an effort to break off from the group would cause too much drama and I can't be bothered dealing with it. Personally, I only have a couple of friends because I'm quiet and keep to myself (very much an introvert) and I don't like working with others, but, meh. It's not so bad!

You too, have a great day!

4. lukeluvznicki13

School is very stressful and busy at the moment. My head is constantly spinning! Since it is my final year of high school, the true friends I end up having at the end of the year will be the people I stay in contact with :slight_smile:.

5. I'm a college-bound high school senior who is somewhat of an outsider, but has a few good friends to help me through high school. And yes, I'm also an introvert.

I'm in the middle of AP testing prep and while I'm college bound, I've found a roommate to live with in the dorms.

6. Glowing Eyes

I'm in 9th grade and I honestly cannot picture three more years of high school let alone college. Uuuugh. Sorry if this turns into a bit of a rant but I can't stand it. There's so much time dedicated to things that are useless to just about everyone at school. Some basic knowledge of cells or the periodic table is fine but we don't need to do entire units for things we just forget after a test. Even if I wanted to become a biologist, I wouldn't need all of the things in that class. Nor would I actually learn anything because worksheets and tests are just memorization not learning with experience.

Worse, I don't have friends, partially because I'm too shy, but also because the schedule just makes it impossible to communicate. I've got a little time at the start and end of class when everyone else is talking with their already-established friends.

Again, I apologize if I came off as rude.

#6 Glowing Eyes, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for typing this. Saves me time, because it describes me perfectly as well.

8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    College is much better socially and academically. People are nicer and don't stay in as fixed friend groups. College also has labs so that you get some hands on knowledge as well as theory. It's still a lot of memorization, although it doesn't feel as pointless :slight_smile:

9. Glowing Eyes

I'm hoping that I'll like it better there :slight_smile:.

10. eMei

I'm in my final year of 'school' and will be going onto further education next year. For me it's quite a grind: at the moment I'm just drifting through the day, only really coming out of this state when I'm with my friends at break or if I get to see them in the lesson. It's so boring. I don't feel lonely, I just feel tired and dreary: kind of like I'm not really doing anything, yet getting a lot in return. My grades are good so I can't exactly complain - it's just meh right now. Me and a friend are certain that next year will be our year (and it will be!).

11. Glowing Eyes

That's exactly how I feel. I used to over-react to getting a bad grade but now it just doesn't even matter to me. Neither do good grades. I don't even think I would care that much if I failed all of my finals. It just feels like some endless cycle of boredom with a handful (and very few) exciting moments to wake up for (figuratively speaking). I don't even try to be friends with any of my teachers like I used to. Oh well, everything has an end.

12. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I bike to school with one of my good friends. I get there and meet up with one of my friendgroups and laugh and joke around til the bell rings. classes are boring, but we always joke around but still have to focus on studying for exams. in the breaks i walk around to everyone from my other friends groups ( i am friends with alot of different people that have their own "group" that they usually sit with and that are spreaded around in the cafeteria.) after school I bike home with my friend

13. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    High school was.. interesting. I was often in trouble. Mostly because I bunked a lot, but I allowed my temper to get the better of me and that landed me in hot water occasionally. I had good friends who were my biggest motivation for even bothering to go because I found it really, really tedious.

Uni - completely different environment. There are no 'popular' students, just students. No cliques or groups. I went to a school in a mostly white suburban area - now I'm at a university with students from all over the world, multiple languages, cultures mixed together. Campus is at the very heart of the city so there's a real buzz, lots of hustle and bustle, an amazing cosmopolitan environment. It's really interesting, and even though I think going to uni for the sake of it is a waste of money (and time), it really is a good way to broaden your horizons.

#13 imnotreallysure, Apr 24, 2016
  14. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've always been a strong introvert, and my time in school has largely been defined by that fact. During high and middle school, I was quiet and shy and mainly kept to myself. Most of the students did not know who I was, and those who did were vaguely aware of me being intelligent and perhaps even a bit quirky, but they didn't know much. I always have had a small group of close friends and have never been a social butterfly. What did make high school (particularly toward the end) more enjoyable was the fact that my friends were much more outgoing and extroverted than I was. Through them I was able to do more socially--through them people met me and finally knew who I was. My constant third-wheeling and coattail-riding did get me some kind of presence at school.

In college, all of this was less important as now I was finally able to get to know others who specialized in my field, others who were just as quiet and academically-focused as I was. There wasn't as much pressure to be social and to have a "presence"; if people didn't know me, I didn't care, as long as the professors and other English and Philosophy majors knew me. I remained friends with the more outgoing people from high school, however, and through them I was able to attend parties and have fun, but I still kept most of that to a low level.

I never demanded much from the social aspect of school, so I was content to mostly be solo, accompanied by fellow non-social nerds, or accompanied by my small group of close friends. I guess I just never cared that much, especially with regard to high school. If I was doing well in school and I wasn't being bullied, then it didn't matter to me that I was quiet and not well-known.

15. ThetasTrust

ThetasTrust Guest

My school experience is a bit odd. Before I came out I had good friends, but after I came out I started to meet even more people and surrounded myself with even more friends. My best friends became even closer to me. I'm in an "academy" for game design and programming which means that i'm supposed to have classes dedicated and centered around game design and programming... Yeah, it didn't work that way. I'm now a 10th grader at the academy and since I take honors classes the classes are messed up and I only have the basic game design class. It also doesn't help that I'm a year ahead in my science courses. I enjoy my school, but would like it if I could focus on stuff geared more towards my career path, but alas that is what college is for :slight_smile:

JROTC is fun too. I'm currently a Cadet First Lieutenant and the S-1 Assistant. JROTC took my coming out pretty smoothly, I was honestly expecting more backlash.

Any other JROTC cadets here?

16. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm introverted, and don't really know a lot of people's names at school. I talk to my friends a little, but mostly I'm really quiet. People don't know much about me. There used to be rumors going around that I was mute.

I'm in three clubs at school: the GSA, art club, and Japanese culture club. I often don't talk at all at the club meetings; I just listen to other people.

I'm smart so I usually get straight A's. My mom really pressures me about my grades, so I work really hard to make sure they stay as high as possible.

17. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm homeschooled so it's pretty good.

18. UntitledT

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to be in legit school but left due to wanting to transition and bulling that had nothing to due with my trans-ness. I was that genius kid who people thought was a burnout. I was also that kid who dressed like shit but in reality had a pretty wealthy family. I would get in fights (respectively) with teachers. I grew up in a law background so I wasn't afraid to confront a teacher when they were doing something illegal but expected the entire class to respect the rules. I made sure I got top grades so if I were to get into an argument about legality, they couldn't use my grades against me. A good visual representation is probably like the "Spud" character from the 2000's show "American Dragon Jake Long" I left the high school mid sophomore year and in the fall tested into my local community college (It sucked cause I couldn't even drive yet, and I was the youngest in my classes at 16) I've kinda put off school. I spend the days now chilling with my friends who graduated that didn't go to college. Honestly I'm an extreme procrastinator, so I'll probably just get it done at once at the last minute lol. But yeah, all in all, I'm that kid that surprises others because my outwards presence never matched their intellectual ability. But I'm also that kid who devalues intelligence cause, and I'm really not trying to brag or anything, but being intelligent naturally leads a depressing life. I was also dubbed the class hipster. I truly tho don't think I have much of a stereotype. I think I'd be labeled in an "other" category. Might I add I'm also quite the stoner, so I'm kind of the pot head of my friend group, even tho I don't necessarily act it.

#18 UntitledT, Apr 24, 2016
  19. BuzzBuzz

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    eh, it could be better

20. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally, I can't stand school. In middle school, I was a straight A student and had a solid group of really trustworthy friends. Then high school came I figured out I was gay, and I was left alone because all my good friends went to a different school. School now is hard for me because I tried so hard to fit into a group of people my freshman year that I didn't realize how much they walked over me until it was too late. Now, I'm not a straight A student, my so called "friends " don't respect my race, and I have no clue how I could ever come out to anyone at my school. I'm stressed all the time because I can't come out, and this is affecting my grades. I have no one to talk to because my parents are too passive aggressive and think they know what I'm going through in school, my sister is off at college and my old friends won't give me the time of day. This has resulted in me because super isolated. I can't even remember the last time I've hung out with people on the weekend. To top it all off I have had a crush on a straight guy for over a year and a half and it won't go away. Sometimes I forget about it, but it always comes back harder than before. Sorry for the pity party, but I really needed to get all this off my chest.

#20 thewizard, Apr 24, 2016