1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC 4 Life!?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Larry Myster, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Larry Myster

If you think this is the best site ever for gay support, I ask all of you, literaly, to make a statement of what you think.

For me (also an example) I have to say this has to be the best supportive site for gay/bi/even unsure or staright people, its clean, people are friendly, its just wounderful. I probably have like hundreds of members on here that meets my criteria of what I call life.

2. HyperMuse32

Agreed. I joined on a for-the-helluv-it stance and now I'm really glad I came. Its nice to be able to have gay friends without them expecting sex back. lol

3. starfish

I joined this site because I was just flat out confused, depressed, lonely, and scared all at the same the time. EC helped me turn the most traumatic change in my life into the most wonderful journey I have taken. The ability to talk to others that are experiencing the same thing and to share the highs and lows has been great. I know there will come a time in all of our lives where we move along and leave this community. I will always value and cherish my time here. I also take pride in the fact that our conversations, successes, and failures will continue to help others long into the future.

4. biisme

I joined this site so I could post a reply to someone's coming out story that came up on a google search. I am so glad that I actually then spent the time to look around the site. EC is a huge part of my life. I'll be sad when the day comes that makes the Internet obsolete.

5. Bryan44

I joined EC after literally hitting rock bottom in my life. I was lost, and confused about life, and my sexuality. I just really needed to know that there were others out there like me. And EC has been so amazing and supportive. I love this site, it has helped me so much. Reading other peoples threads, and the advice that people have to give is really comforting. Thanks EC!!

6. Sarah

I join EC on a hopeless wim. I had no idea I'd met amazingly cool people and learn so much about myself(and life). This site helped me a TON. I love this site so much. I go on as much as i possibly can. lol. the people on here are amazing and supportive. id b going absolutely crazy if i didnt hav thi site to help me ease my mind. XD THANK YOU EMPTY CLOSET MEMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

7. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I joined this site by reference. I'm a 19 year old dude having problems with my sexuality. I'm not sure what I want, why I want it, etc. etc..

EC has been here since I've joined. The members are very very nice and supportive and something I call "FAMILY". I can't call my family, close friends because they are so judgemental.

8. Janvier

EC is an awesome site, I've been here for almost 2 years (this is a new account..) and I've met some great people IRL that are EC members and this site has helped me a lot with my sexuality.
    At one point I even wanted a tattoo with a reference to EC and I think I still want one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Greggers

Its true, EC = amazing.

Not much more i can say, tired right now, but without EC i would not be out right now

10. ColdSnap

yeah its quality, changed my perspective of feeling like i had a disability to feeling empowered and seeing lots of people with happy fulfilled lives that their sexuality constituted a very small role in, gave me a whole new perspective and and a new lease of life :slight_smile:

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hard to say, as I've only been to a couple other sites that might, in some way, be called "gay support". And so I'm not sure that I could, with any authority, say that this is the best one. But let's just say I stopped looking when I found this one. :slight_smile:

Lex

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I stumbled across EC when I was almost totally out, and I only wish I'd found it back when I was really struggling. You guys are like a second family, or the friends I always wanted. Thank you (*hug*)

13. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I found this site on one of the most distressing nights of my life, when I had no person to talk to, but only my computer to find support. I'm still here, and whilst I'm not on here as much as I used to be due to work committments and finding real life support, I would not leave it for the world. This is down to the people here, and because, in my turn, I want to pass on that help that I received on some of my lowest nights.

14. riddlerno1

I found EC when i so wanted to admit but i couldnt. Not even to myself. I was just so blown away by some of the brave stories that were on here. Plus the support i got from here which led me to initially accept myself but then gave me the confidence to start the coming out process. The genuine care and respect you get on here is unmatched anywhere else.

15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  16. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found EC when I had only just come out to myself and was really worried about it. It was amazing to be able to talk to peopel who were in the same position as me and knew what I was going through. This site is so amazing and supportive, I don't know what I'd do without it. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

17. EM68

When I joined EC I was very depressed. All of my emotions were all bottled up. I was ready to tell someone I was gay but could not tell friends and family. I tried to call a gay help line and it was disconnected, doh! EC helped guide me through my journey. I think without EC I would not have been able to start to date or come out to my family. Thank you guys. (&&&)

18. InaRut

I only stick around because EC makes me feel like a celebrity :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hahahahah just kidding.

EC honestly has become so much like a second home to me I felt like I could only leave it the same way a child runs away from home. (In a normal family kind of way..)

19. pokeypanda

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!
    I literally found it when I was at my lowest too...I was just online trying to find some type of support, thats when I found EC.
    At first I didn't know what it was and was confused but then I read more and knew I had to join!!!
    I'm so glad I did, I would refer this site to ANYONE!!

20. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't really say I was depressed or desperate or anything, but I was going through a really awkward stage where I was finally letting myself consider the possibility of being gay. I had shoved the thought into the back of my head for over a year, but I was finally coming around to it and felt like I needed an anonymous third party to talk to before telling someone personal, like my parents. I found some other completely emotionless sites that were more question-and-answer advice columns than discussion forums, until I eventually wound up here. I still don't think it's perfect, and I still feel a bit out of place, but it works just fine and it's been a good help.