1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you have an "Oh sh*t, I'm Gay!" moment?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luminescent, Apr 26, 2016.

1. luminescent

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I did. I watched the movie "Carol" for the first time and suddenly a flood of gayness that I had been denying for years hit me like a truck. In a single moment, everything made sense. It was like a ~gay epiphany~
    I tell ya, I cannot thank Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara enough!

Did you guys have a grand moment of clarity or did you always sort of *know*?
    Feel free to share your experiences :')

2. Andreana21

I don't know if it applies for me, but I definetely had a ''Oh sh**t! Something's a bit yaaas about me''.
    My sexuality wasn't something I always sort of knew. I mean, like I said I kind of had a feeling that something was weird about me since I was really young, but I never thought it would have something to do with liking girls. I guess I kind of turned into frendship every queer crush I had since nursery school... Until age 13 when I started feeling really confused and I was like: ''Is it possible? Is this what I'm struggling with my entire life?''
    I still have moments of confusion today, but I'm pretty certain that I am who I am and it's never going to change. Sometimes I'm kinsey 2, 3, or 4 but it ultimately doesn't matter. So I could say I had a moment of clarity. Exploring my sexual orientation a bit more totally changed my view of the world.

#2 Andreana21, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had an "oh shit! I'm trans!" moment if that counts

4. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always knew I was attracted to guys not girls but I suppose there was a point when I suddenly realised "oh, so that's what gay is, it's me". I'd heard people saying gay but I had no idea what it meant. It was quite a relief really to know that this thing, 'gay', that everyone had to be so scared of wasn't actually that scary at all.

5. VitaminsBaileys

Out Status:
    Some people
    The first time a guy gets stuck in your head and you desperately try to figure out why until THAT pops into your head :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was 14 and in football practice my freshman year of high school, and seeing all those naked guys in the locker room, well the evidence was a tad hard to hide.

7. guitar

In my early 20s I was at the beach with my girlfriend and noticed I'd been staring at the dudes & not the chicks the entire time.

8. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really. I've known I like the male gender since a very young and while it didn't seem too strange to me, It wasn't something I was going to tell the world. But when my sister got married last year that's when it hit me like a ton of bricks that SHIT! I'm gay, so it was like Life decided to kick me in the ass royally. Cause I never realized how things would be different for me since I've accepted my sexuality. Harshness of Life really.

9. Umme

I love that phrase. It's so... gay

10. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's how I learned both my gender and orientation...

11. EnchanterForest

Every kinda day, I am like still 14 and most things I do remind my of my sexual orientation and gender identity. So yeah.

12. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm young still but it was more a :
    Oh this guys hot..
    But I still could like girls..
    *sees guy* UUH ME GURD
    But I'm at least bi right?
    *sees girl* yeh.. Um.. I could totally.. Like her .. Yeh...
    I'm defiantly not gay...
    The. It was gradually over the span of a year that I was like.. Yeh .. I'm gay...

13. guitar

I remember the first time I learned what gay was I was watching Much More Music (Canada's VH1) and they had a story about Rob Halford coming out and announcing he was gay. I was obsessed with Living After Midnight at the time and really had no concept of what gay even meant. A little while later I was researching Queen and discovered Freddie Mercury was gay too, so I learned from a fairly young age a lot of my favorite singers were gay.

14. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A couple of days after a party where I was feeling this weird pull towards this friend I had a crush on... I was listening to Cool for the Summer for the first time. It made me ridiculously euphorically happy... and then I was like SHIT I like girls - this is why this song means so much to me... and then I listened to it again and I cried a little.

15. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thinking back, things make sense...well i discovered how to masterbate when i was like 4-5 and when id do it id always think about (and i kno this is wierd) the spice girls...that was childhood..jr high i dated a guy and we would fool around and it was good but shortly after, i developed a crush on my sisters bi friend..i got over it quickly but in highskool when i developed a major major crush on this girl and suddenly found myself checking out more and more girls not guys at all i started to get wierd around my chick friends and it ruined my friendships and confidence (i used to be cocky almost but after this i was so so insecure and it showed bad....) so i left that highskool into continuation and started to drink more and more (was about 13 :/ ) then when i got over that major major crush i developed another one in continuation so i left there and went into adult skool..that crush lasted 8 years and we didnt even talk really...i was infatuated with her i think...(been running from myself my whole life lol) up until last year when i met this last girl who i felt i was done running and was starting to be able to show myself to and willing to open up and share myself with till 4 months ago i realized she never gave a fuk about me she was just pitying me or sumthing, that and shes engaged now to her girlfriend who was there the whole time and altho i knew, she sure knew what to say to make me feel like she cared and wanted to be with me...

so altho i didnt have a sudden moment when i realized i was gay other then when having sex with the last boyfriend i had about 5-6 years ago and the only way i could get off was if i thought about girls...i think that i just realized that i feel no emotional or physical connection with guys at all and i fall madly in love with girls...every inch of my being craves to be with a woman, and this needing just developed after that last girl...i feel like a 16 year old dude who just discovered his weiner :lol: ....yeeeea...im lesbian alright....

16. A Mindful Wolf

Well when I was 17 I watched the Royal Wedding on TV, and was like "damn, military wedding suits are kinda...hot? What?!"
    4 years later I got in a confrontation with my mom for dying my hair pink. She was like "it makes you look gay"...I vented in a diary then lol, and realized, hold on wait, I'm actually not straight, am I lol?
    Too bad nobody has ever taken me seriously (the joys of being one of those people who makes sex jokes 24/7). I "come out" at least 4 times a year "officially", but everyone still thinks I'm kidding because I'm quite shy and don't date people at all...ughhhh.

17. IronyIsMySkill

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think I ever had a moment and if I did I don't remember. I always sort of knew. I didn't have attraction for anyone until puberty though, so I didn't realize until then. Before then I just thought of everyone in the same way, which was just as a friend mostly. Then after I felt the same towards everyone just with attraction.

18. AKTodd

Not really, no.

I had sex with a couple of guys, and with the second guy I arranged the hookups. On the way home after the second time with him, I thought about the fact that I'd deliberately and consciously and with forethought arranged to have sex with a guy and that women had never done anything for me at all.

Conclusion: I'm gay.

Followed by: I'm hungry - what should I do for dinner?

There wasn't really ever any kind of major stress about the whole thing.

Todd

19. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was kind of questioning for years but the confirmation happened when I found myself making out with an old friend in my car and I experienced fireworks for the first time in my life. I then had to go home to my husband and figure how to tell him. :0

20. FoxSong

Yeah - I'd been crushing on this woman for a while and ignoring it, because, you know, I was married and then the one morning I literally woke up, sat up in bed and this little thought casually breezed through my head: "Maybe you're just gay."

And I knew it was the case as I thought it, but my immediate reaction was of course: "No, that can't possibly be the reason" :rolle: