1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I be of any use here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SillyGoose, Apr 26, 2016.

1. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I may be being bitch and selfish and really generally stupid but yeh..

I am struggling to know how to contribute...
    To start off with, i'm inexperienced and provide naive understandings and perspectives on situations...
    I'm in the closet.. I can't supply advice in this area that is so commonly bought up or in any issues about relationships and advice in general...
    I myself am unable to take advice about coming out and the such that I will forget before the time comes (if it does) (which it hopefull will) for me to come out...
    I subconsciously provide views that are negative..
    For example:
    If I was viewing a thread that was about best ways to come out, I would most likely put something like "Why do people need to come out" ​

I don't mean to be bitchy but I negatively effect people seemingly...

I am only doing this because I wish to help.. By no means am I plan it on leaving, I just want to help people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    This is annoying and stupid and etc. but please share ideas ...

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't have time for a long reply, but just try to think positively. If you think something might negatively affect people, don't say it. If you accidentally upset someone, don't dwell; instead, learn from it and move on.

And experience is gained from... experience. You're young. Take it from someone almost a decade older (yikes...), you learn a lot as you get older and you don't even realize it. Just keep learning and trying your best to make an impact, if that is what you wish to do, and don't beat yourself up if you can't help as much as you want right now. :slight_smile:

3. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Inexperience and naivety are not always bad qualities. Sharing an opinion or showing concern and support for others is not a bad thing either. You aren't out and I understand that you think that you have a long wait to be out but look at the positives. You are confident in your sexuality, you are optimistic about the future, you aren't giving up, you want to help others like you. Not everyone at your age feels the same and I'm sure you could offer some help there. There are people here that have gone a long way into adulthood before getting to the point your at and so I'm sure they will admire your courage and perspective. Don't forget that as you go through your own development, you will likely be looking for help and the people here that will offer to help do so because they enjoy helping others, so even asking for advice is contributing.
    Some people are just here for chat and banter, to avoid some loneliness and connect with likeminded people, so engaging with others is welcome too.

Don't worry about sounding negative if it's not your intention. Maybe just clarify the point by adding a bit of extra detail if you're worried that people will misinterpret your comment.

4. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family