1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Szondi Test

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LakanLunti, Apr 28, 2016.

1. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Szondi test designed to explore the possible repressed impulses of a certain personality. This test is originally long, but this one I will put here is the most basic version of it.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Look at the portraits of these eight people and choose the one you would never want to meet at night in the dark, because his or her appearance causes disgust and fear in you. Then read the interpretation that corresponds to the number of the portrait you chose.
    [​IMG]

Sadist

Repression

You are likely to have repressed some experiences from the first years of life associated with authoritarianism in your behavior, a need to dominate and a propensity for bad intentions. If you chose the portrait of this teacher may have repressed some offensive or demeaning to other behaviors in your unconscious.

Denial

You are likely to be a completely harmless and peaceful creature, always ready to help others. If you are an office worker, your superiors may find it difficult to handle you. When you do not want to do something, you create barriers (for example, getting late to work or showing that you are in a bad mood). Often, when you have to defend yourself, you choose passive resistance and defiance, which in the long term exhaust those who created problems for you.

Epileptic

Repression

When we talk about personality disorders associated with brain disease, damage and dysfunction (as occurs in some cases of epilepsy), some of the diagnostic features can be impulsiveness, irritability, the outbursts of anger and aggression. If this stout gentleman with a round head caused revulsion and fear in you, it is likely that early in your childhood you repressed some of such feelings and behaviors to your subconscious.

Denial

It is most likely that you are a kind and peaceful person. Being meek and friendly, you give the impression of a responsible and self-controlled person. You are stable in your feelings and easily bond with people, ideas and objects.

Katatonic

Repression

Some features of this mental disorder is the excessive stimulation of imagination and cognition in general and negativism. If this unshaven but smiling gentleman caused negative feelings in you, you may have repressed some hyperactivity of your mind, which could make you lose touch with reality if it had not been transferred to your unconscious.

Denial

You tend to adopt stereotypical behaviors and do not like innovations and changes. Maybe you’re the type of timid and diffident person, who finds it particularly difficulte to adapt to new situations. Your biggest fear is to lose self-control. You are a bit stiff, often defensive and perhaps inhibited person who never deviates from the ‘behavior codex’.

Schizophrenic

Repression

The schizophrenic personality is characterized by intense apathy, distortions of thought and incompatible emotions. If this impassive gaze and poker face gave you goose bumps, you probably repressed a feeling of indifference towards others and withdrawal from things and events at an early stage of your childhood.

Denial

You are probably quite a sociable person. You believe in socializing and communication with others, enjoying your companies and going out often. The sociability is rather misleading and perhaps hides an isolated person who lives with the feeling of being always alone. Your relationships may seem impersonal and superficial, as if they lack the true feeling. Deep down, you may feel that you do not need others and coexistence with them.

Hysteric

Repression

Some personality traits of hysterical people are superficial and unstable emotions, narcissism and exhibitionism. If chose this strange lady with heavy eyelids as the person that scares you most of all, maybe it’s because you have repressed an insatiable desire to captivate attention and a thirst for approval.

Denial

You give the impression of a modest person with intense inwardness. However, in reality, seeming a quiet and shy person, you may be possessed of an overpowering and excessive desire to charm others. You meticulously take care of your appearance and behavior. For example, you always try to be elegant and well-dressed, complementing your clothes with accessories that attract the attention of others.

Depressive

Repression

Lack of self-esteem, feelings of inferiority and guilt are the main symptoms of depression. The fact that this harmless being is an incarnation of aversion for you may mean that you are a deeply depressed person who manages to have these symptoms under control.

Denial

Perhaps you are an outgoing and carefree person. You always show dynamism, confidence and optimism. Sometimes, of course, you get upset and can manifest dysthymia and melancholy (“sad clown syndrome”). You can also be suspicious and morose.

Maniac

Repression

Some diagnostic features of mania are extroversion, overstimulation, overestimation of self and a waste of money and emotions. If this kind face seems disgusting to you, it probably means that inside you there is a kind of excitement which, if not controlled, would transform you into a fanatic mystic.

Denial

You are very likely to be a person who does not want to provoke with his/her behavior and who detests noise, extremes and excesses. You are an example of discretion, restraint and measure. Being logical and thrifty, you always have a fully controlled behavior.

Dissociative identity disorder

Repression

This kind of personality is expressed in a person’s desire to live and be accepted as a member of the opposite sex. If this young man seems dangerous and depraved to you, perhaps early in your childhood you repressed an identity problem or more specifically a problem about your gender identity.

Denial

If the defense mechanism of denial worked, you may have a tendency to emphatically confirm your biological sex. In this case, your behaviors, maners and appearance emphasize that you are a real man or a real woman. If you’re a man, you are very “macho”, and if you are a woman, you always try to look sexy and seek to flirt and attract men.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I choose 6.

Repression

Lack of self-esteem, feelings of inferiority and guilt are the main symptoms of depression. The fact that this harmless being is an incarnation of aversion for you may mean that you are a deeply depressed person who manages to have these symptoms under control.

Denial

Perhaps you are an outgoing and carefree person. You always show dynamism, confidence and optimism. Sometimes, of course, you get upset and can manifest dysthymia and melancholy (“sad clown syndrome”). You can also be suspicious and morose.

Well...that's no good! :frowning2:

Edit: I just read all the others, and I have to say 6 is probably the most accurate...

#2 HM03, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What if I do not find any of them to be "unapproachable"?

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    2 - Epileptic. Well, I am on anti-epileptic medicine. XD that said, the description nowhere near fitted me, as I am so NOT stable in my feelings, lol. I think it may be true that I come off as self-controlled, though.
    EDIT: I'm not on the medicine for epilepsy, but for bipolar disorder.

#4 Invidia, Apr 28, 2016
  5. Plattyrex

I picked 5. They just look scary.

6. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Five:

Hysteric

Repression

Some personality traits of hysterical people are superficial and unstable emotions, narcissism and exhibitionism. If chose this strange lady with heavy eyelids as the person that scares you most of all, maybe it’s because you have repressed an insatiable desire to captivate attention and a thirst for approval.

Denial

You give the impression of a modest person with intense inwardness. However, in reality, seeming a quiet and shy person, you may be possessed of an overpowering and excessive desire to charm others. You meticulously take care of your appearance and behavior. For example, you always try to be elegant and well-dressed, complementing your clothes with accessories that attract the attention of others.

...Fuck, that's true. Well, I'm not an exhibitionist, but, shit, that is me.

#6 Gunsmoke, Apr 28, 2016
  7. YinYang

I picked number 4:

Schizophrenic

Repression

The schizophrenic personality is characterized by intense apathy, distortions of thought and incompatible emotions. If this impassive gaze and poker face gave you goose bumps, you probably repressed a feeling of indifference towards others and withdrawal from things and events at an early stage of your childhood.

Denial

You are probably quite a sociable person. You believe in socializing and communication with others, enjoying your companies and going out often. The sociability is rather misleading and perhaps hides an isolated person who lives with the feeling of being always alone. Your relationships may seem impersonal and superficial, as if they lack the true feeling. Deep down, you may feel that you do not need others and coexistence with them.

I mean... Kind of? I'm not schizophrenic, but I do feel alone a lot of the time, especially at school.

8. Lyr

Lyr Guest

Well...I can't deny this but I don't agree too..so weird

Schizophrenic

Repression

Denial

9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Schizophrenic apparently, of which the description eerily matches me.

10. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Katatonic

Repression

Some features of this mental disorder is the excessive stimulation of imagination and cognition in general and negativism. If this unshaven but smiling gentleman caused negative feelings in you, you may have repressed some hyperactivity of your mind, which could make you lose touch with reality if it had not been transferred to your unconscious.

Denial

You tend to adopt stereotypical behaviors and do not like innovations and changes. Maybe you’re the type of timid and diffident person, who finds it particularly difficulte to adapt to new situations. Your biggest fear is to lose self-control. You are a bit stiff, often defensive and perhaps inhibited person who never deviates from the ‘behavior codex’.

Many parts fit me. I do have a huge fear of new experiences. I definitely have repressed hyperactivity. When I was in kindergarten my mom called me "the poster child for ADHD."

11. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I picked 2. And...yea, I tend to subdue my really...really aggressive thoughts...

I don't think my feelings are all that stable, though. But the rest of it seems to fit.

12. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I picked #1. So... sadist? :confused: Um, O.K, then.

13. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I picked number three. It sounds like me. Something real negative happens and I try to solve it, but once I solve it another illusionary negativity builds up on it that is possible but most likely unlikely. But the fact it is possible, no matter how unlikely it is, gets me angry and worried. And then makes me think it's most likely going to happen even if others think not.

Funnily enough, I spent a good couple of hours last night trying to explain 'how I work' to myself [so the whole repressed thing doesn't fit]. It's not a delusion because I know it's not real, but it could be real, if society structured or revolutionized itself that way.

However, I like change as long as I can control it. And I wouldn't consider myself stereotypical or dislike others who are not stereotypical.

#13 Secrets5, Apr 28, 2016
  14. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a maniac.. Great

15. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was a tie between 1 and 2

16. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadist

For me, it's a toss-up between number 1 and number 5. Number 1's descriptions are a bit more accurate though, so I'm going with that one.

Repression

You are likely to have repressed some experiences from the first years of life associated with authoritarianism in your behavior, a need to dominate and a propensity for bad intentions. If you chose the portrait of this teacher may have repressed some offensive or demeaning to other behaviors in your unconscious.

Denial

You are likely to be a completely harmless and peaceful creature, always ready to help others. If you are an office worker, your superiors may find it difficult to handle you. When you do not want to do something, you create barriers (for example, getting late to work or showing that you are in a bad mood). Often, when you have to defend yourself, you choose passive resistance and defiance, which in the long term exhaust those who created problems for you.

17. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So after getting on a computer to see the images better; it really is a tie between 1,2,and 8. I really can't choose which I dislike most, and they all seem describe me a bit. 1 and 2 more than 8.

But if I'm 100% truthful, I wouldn't want to meet any of them in a dark alley. There is something creepy, mean-looking, or disturbing about them all.

18. Bubbletea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was al like "none of these actually scare me tbh cause nobody can ever hurt me more then I have been so I'm not scared of anyone anymore" but then proceeded to choose anyway and I went for 1. And really, this came pretty close to me.

Sadist

Repression

Denial

You are likely to be a completely harmless and peaceful creature, always ready to help others. If you are an office worker, your superiors may find it difficult to handle you. When you do not want to do something, you create barriers (for example, getting late to work or showing that you are in a bad mood). Often, when you have to defend yourself, you choose passive resistance and defiance, which in the long term exhaust those who created problems for you

19. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't find any to be by far the worst, but I chose 8 because of the eyes. I'm not very "macho", though.

#19 alexandr, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  20. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    6. Interesting stuff. The answer/results thing aside, I think it's cool that there's no one face that we can all agree is the creepiest. The number six dude just looks like a skeevy Banker or something.. :grin: