1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so excited!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Renegades, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm so excited right now. I might be going on my first date with a girl who i really like, and i think she likes me! Any tips?

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow that is great! I'd say just be yourself-- that is who she likes :wink: . I'm sure you will have a great time. Good luck!

3. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good for you, good luck with your date!

I'm afraid that I haven't got any major tips as I don't really date, but I think that contingency plans are generally a good idea. You know, so that if things go a little different than expected, you still have a good option of what to do instead. I'd also recommend going somewhere where there's a lot to do, which probably seems really obvious, but lulls in conversation and awkward silences are not, as YA novels would have you believe, an indicator of doom. I'm not saying that you should plan out every tiny little detail, because spontaneity can be great, but probably have a few ideas for what you could do, I guess?

4. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, we are going to a movie for school. I asked her to come with me because I need a guest for the movie, and it was perfect because we've been flirting for a while. I would have liked to take her somewhere else, but this was a bit convenient.

5. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ...and I just can't hide it.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

6. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my gosh!!! I'm so happy for you!! That is literally what I want to happen to me more than ever.
    Advice I would give to you is be yourself, make her laugh, and ask her questions about herself! I've found (from experience) than people really like talking about themselves. It sounds selfish, but it's a no fail way to make her love talking to you.
    Have fun!!!! :grin:

7. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oooh okay! Sorry, I assumed you meant... Well, I'm not entirely sure, but you know. In any case, I suppose maybe keep going with the whole flirting thing, and be yourself! It seems that people often try too hard to be somebody different on a date to impress the other person, but what the other person really wants is to interact with the "real you", as it were. The rom-coms make it out that you have to be the one paying for everything in order to flatter them, but if you can't comfortably do that then don't feel like you have to!

Finally, I'd say, don't treat the date too seriously. Not to say that it isn't important, but I remember on my first date, we were joking around the entire time and completely messing around, and it was actually really fun! So, I'd make enjoyment over organisation your first priority, which sounds obvious, but having a good time is the most important thing, right?

Anyway, good luck!

8. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try to keep it as casual as you can and have fun being the most important thing. One thing I do recommend for a first date is always make at least one move to let her know you find her attractive. That could just be something casual like a soft kiss on the cheek at the end of the night as a goodbye. If your going to a movie only get one popcorn and make her hold it. As you are reaching for it in the dark you casually brush up against her hand slowly. Do that a couple of times and then put your hand on the arm rest next to hers. And then because those arm rests are so skinny let your hand lean to her side near her leg. If she puts her hand near yours feel free to casually reach over and hold her hand. This is the first move I ever made on my wife 20 years ago and it worked. :slight_smile:

Of course I was nervous as heck and my hand was probably sweaty. And then when I noticed her looking over at me I closed my eyes and swollowed heavily. Yes there was a little bit of sexual tension going on. :slight_smile:

#8 OutofZCloset, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016