1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have any other relatives that are gay, lesbian, or bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by charlie12, Jun 19, 2007.

1. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just found out that my second cousin, Danny is gay. He's in his 40s. I have never met him.

2. Kimi

No...Well as far as I know......

Our families are very anti-homo:bang:

3. Wicked

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes actully My mothers father was bisexaul (also black) and my fathers mother is a lesbain. Not that I could ever talk to them about stuff as they have never been part of my life.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I think my dad's brother may have been gay, though if he was he never ventured out of his closet. He has other issues though - he couldn't take care of himself and remained with my grandparents until they died, at which time he was moved into a "home for the bewildered".

5. xxAngelOnFirexx

not that i know of. my mom said that she could see herself being bi but she'd never search out a relationship with a girl.

6. xequar

One of my very close cousins is gay. He came out to me when I came out to him. Although I suspected for awhile, it still surprised me since before he told me, he had actually been in the seminary for a year before he decided it wasn't right for him. Only once he came out to me did I find out the whole story.

7. boarder25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my cousins is gay. Unfortunately, our grandfather hasn't treated him very well at all since he came out. So I figure I'll wait until my grandfather has passed before I tell the whole family.

8. SadConfusedBandGeek

9. Sam

Sam

I have a cousin on my dad's side but he is like a distant cousin not a 1st cousin he is way down the line and I've never met him. my grandma saw him at a family reunion once and screamed "what is that queer doing here!" so I think I will wait to tell my dad's side of the family until my grandma passes away. My mom's side of the family already knows.

10. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My bio mother is gay. She has had a partner for 21 years. Even so, she has not admitted she is gay. It has only been in recent weeks that we have been having honest conversation. She told me that her and her partner tried to live a "gay lifestyle", but it didn't exactly work in the bedroom. But, she also said the "bedroom" did not work because she always felt guilty. So, I think she is struggling with the idea that she really is gay - whether she admits it or not. It seems funny that although she has had a partner for 21 years, we are both faced with being honest about being gay at the same time. It is weird.

11. rainbowstyle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have two older cousins that are lesbians

12. nick79

Maybe...

I have a 10yo second cousin - a boy - whose favourite colour is pink and his favourite sports are tap dancing & ballroom dancing!

Also, I have an unmarried cousin in his early 40s, who I don't believe has had a gf for a decade.

13. SpikySpice

My uncle on my dad's side is gay, I think, cuz till now he aint marry yet, he's near to 40

Well, they say I act like my uncle....

14. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

My uncle is gay, and I have 3 lesbian aunts, two of whom are married. If they arent an example of how gay couples can raise an incredible family i dont know what is. one of them makes several million dollars a year as an M.D., the two oldest children currently attend northwestern, the middle one is my age and very smart, and the youngest is a girl they adopted from china. she is a violin prodigy and she won a national chess tournament at age 7. HOLY SHAT.

so yeah anyways my family is probably one of the more accepting ones out there! i got lucky

15. LowestVocal017

CharlieDude, you want to know what the interesting, yet EXTREMELY scary, thing is?

All the men in my mom's side of the family are gay! That includes all five of her brothers (my annoying uncles! Ugh!), most of my male cousins (who are usually very brattish), and yes, my grandfather!! All five of my uncles are married with wives (one divorced a while back, and is currently in jail for raping me) and my two cousins are in deep denial.

Out of all the gay men in my family, I am the only one who accepts and is proud of being gay. My cousins act fakishly homophobic and my uncles pretend like the word "homosexual" doesn't even exist.

But the real scary thing is my grandfather: had he acknowledge to himself that he's homosexual and fully accepted himself, I would not be alive today!! He thinks, 'Okay, I maybe bisexual or even a straight-bisexual, but people don't need to know that. The fact that I'm married means that I'm more straight than gay.'

While he is happily married to his wife, my most precious grandmother, he is still in denial that he is gay. I thank God a million stars for that, that he did not come out of the closet to himself and other people before my mother's birth. He is currently in his 70's.

#15 LowestVocal017, Jun 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  16. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congradulations on that!:thumbsup: they seem to be very nice people! I'm sure it feels good to have them in your life to help deal with life's hardships:icon_bigg (&&&)

One of my mother's brothers is gay, he came out after I did and one of my father's sisters is lesbian. I only got to meet her for the first time 4yrs. ago at one of my cousins' funeral. That is also where I got to meet my father's mother for the first time too.

17. Jim1454

Nobody that I'm aware of... which makes the situation a little awkward for me.

18. Cloud Nine 5

Possibly my lame cousin. God I hope not. My family's view on gays is twisted enough, no need for that one to be gay while the other 2 "better/happier" cousins are straight.

19. TeeBe

My aunt (well, my cousin's wife's aunt...we are a really close family...).

Although it would be funny if my father was gay. He recently left my mother and moved in with an old guy friend, who also left his gf. That, and the homophobic basta** has recently started having alot of "My gay friend..." conversations, where before he pretended that gay's didn't exist...except to protest gay marriage, of course. Oh, how I would laugh!

20. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    probably. my family is the most messed up thing i have ever seen. on my moms mom side i have over 70 cousins right there (more like 80) so there is bound to be one lol (italian side)