1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Political rant II

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Conquistar, May 2, 2016.

1. Conquistar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is one that more people will agree with, well, at least part of it. I have been watching the news and I saw the replay of the WHCD(White House correspondent dinner) and saw Obama hating on every candidate from the Republican party and Democratic Party. Now it is My turn! I will order from most hated by me, to least hated by me. Note* I also hate everyone in the list. Once again, let's stay friends.
    Ted Cruz: Where do I start? Well, he will hurt our community and is solid proof the government and religion DON'T MIX. He is hated by the Republican establishment. He is also too young. He is 2 years older than my parents. He deports all illegal immigrants. Some of my family were illegal immigrants, but are legal now (I am pro-legalization). Heavily pro-life, even with rape (pro-choice no matter what). Pro gun (eh). Strong military(No). Flat tax (and bankrupt the country).

I will release my next one (Donald Trump) soon.

Tell me what you think about it.

2. tyro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You should support your stances. You don't like ted cruz because he has right wing stances. You seem to be left wing so its no surprise you don't like the right wing candidates.

3. Conquistar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, I am left-wing and right winged. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Simple Thoughts

Cruz is radical and dangerous. I don't think people realize the extent of just how dangerous he is. He's the only candidate running that's worse than Trump. If he had his way the wall between church and state would collapse and we'd be living under the Christian version of Sharia Law.

5. Conquistar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    agree with everything.

6. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    These are my impressions that I've formed in the months I've spent following this dreadfully long primary election:

Trump: Trump is the ultimate panderer. All politicians pander, but Trump's pandering is so transparent that sometimes it just makes me laugh. Trump has flip-flopped greatly on some issues, including socially conservative standpoints that I don't believe he feels strongly about (i.e. same-sex marriage, abortion). Trump talks big, but I don't believe he would be able to enforce many of the things he wants to do and claims would benefit the country. A Trump presidency would not mean the end of the world, but someone who comes off as so phony sometimes (as well as has a propensity toward making sweeping offensive statements) is not exactly the person I want running the country. I should also add that I'm full Hispanic (Mexican) and his comments about "us" had little effect on me.

Cruz: Cruz, while portraying himself as more "mild" than Trump is anything but. Cruz is very socially conservative and appeals to God in many of his speeches and platforms. He truly believes this is a "Christian nation" and I believe he would do damage to the LGBT rights movement. His racial rhetoric is not as charged as Trump's, but no conservative candidate is going to do anything other than fan the flames of this country's racial issues. Trump is embarrassing, but Cruz is cringe-worthy.

Clinton: Oh, Hillary. I don't truly believe that she is a bad person, but there's just something unlikable about her to me. Like Trump, she has flip-flopped on key issues. Now I am not saying that a politician cannot change their mind (I saw a recent speech by Paul Ryan where he recanted some negative opinions he had about welfare recipients)...and more power to them if they do. It's how genuine that change seems that's the issue. And no, I'm not just going to yell "WALL STREET!" at Clinton and say that's the end of it, but there's no denying that she's the establishment favorite. And maybe I just don't want that anymore. More to the point, Clinton is too similar to Obama for my liking, who, while certainly accomplishing some important liberal goals, is still too moderate.

Sanders: Sanders most closely aligns with what I want for this country, but at the same time, he takes it too far on some issues (I can't agree with "free college"). He also seems to have trouble outlining specific policies and how they differ from Clinton and that has left me feeling very disappointed in the past. Still, Sanders is the most different from any President we've had before, and he's the most liberal that I've ever seen (and no, he is not a Communist). I'd like to see more substance and less anti-Hillary vitriol from him. At this point, however, I'd say it's a lost cause.

7. Conquistar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He is right winged in latin america :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. tyro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You can't be both. You could be moderate.

9. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Can't forget Ben Carson

10. justtired

justtired Guest

I don't really follow the whole race. From a superficial glance, I dislike Bernie the most. Sentimental "embracing differences. Boom de yada" messages and I don't get along :lol: Hillary Clinton is just..boring, more of the same thing. Trump and Cruz both have a tax plan that will run the country in bigger deficit, just wow.
    Anyway, I'm just going to sleep and forget about the whole thing, check the news in Nov to see who get the throne. Following this race is tedious.

#10 justtired, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  11. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry for not quoteing, king hard to delete all the text just to leave the one part I want.

But..free college is not that bad an idea. When you have students falling into $40,000-$100,000+ in debt...yeah that is a fucking bad thing. And even if you don't want free college, you can agree the price of tuition needs to drop. It used to be that college was affordable. It wasn't cheap, but it was doable. These days it's fucking impossible. Which sucks because more and more employers will require college degrees in the future.
    My #1 fear as I start college is how I will pay off my debts when I am done. So excuse me if I support someone who wants college to actually be a doable thing for people be they poor or reach.

12. Conquistar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am right on some issues and left on others

---------- Post added 2nd May 2016 at 03:05 PM ----------

I am against this. Free college=worthless degree. Jobs will be harder to get because of this. The better question is why is it so high? Solve that first and lower it to something reasonable(1k-10k).

13. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are other countries that have free college and their degrees are not worthless. In fact I'd say they are worth more than ours.

14. Conquistar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    But how many people go there compared to go here. More go here by A LOT. The colleges over there are not as good as the ones here, the ones that are good have a tuition cost of about 40k-100k.

15. lemons123

Don't care/know about US that much but "ranting" about Europe:

I hope the UK leave the EU in June and also planning to abandon my knowledge in English this summer.

That's it for now albeit not super political 0_0.

16. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here's an article that illustrates the issue with "free college": Fact-Check: Bernie Sanders Promises Free College. Will It Work? : NPR Ed : NPR

You are incorrect to assume that I'm opposed to lower tuition or more affordable college, but the "free college" proposal may have no effect on the overall cost of college; it may simply continue to go up despite the different method of payment. With that in mind, it has little net benefit.

17. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes because the cost of something must determine its value.
    Meanwhile the people I view as smart go to colleges in Canada, England, Germany, etc because the cost is so much cheaper. And since those schools are held at a global standard than a national one they now have more options open for post grad school. Generally they are very glad with their degree even if its not as good as one from an American.

Money, espiecally if you are from a shit poor family, will probably be the determining factor in what university you go to compared to how high someone else holds that college's education.

18. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. A large description in each of these...and I can't disagree with a single one. Well done!

19. Plattyrex

Yeah, Ted Cruz sucks. I believe the most downright evil candidate is Hilary, but Cruz is a super duper close second.

20. Conquistar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They pay for colleges if they are good. There are more good colleges in America.