1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Political rant III

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Conquistar, May 3, 2016.

1. Conquistar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alright, lets continue from my list of candidates
    Candidates I hate from Democrat and GOP in order of hatred from me:
    1: Ted Cruz: rant
    So next of my list is Donald Trump.
    First of all, he LIES, he is a Democrat, if he is elected, he will be a soft Democrat and will be a four year president. He is bad for America and building a wall will bankrupt our country. Trump also states he will bring back jobs (so did Cruz). Bringing back jobs is bad for our economy. The reason we are making them in China is because it is cheaper and that is why things are cheap. Bring the jobs back, prices will skyrocket. In 2000, he was pro-lgbt, then was against it, then was pro-lgbt again, then against it, and now supports it, I think he will do nothing for us. He also says Obama did nothing for minorities. Wrong. He wants to get rid of the EPA. He is against islam, I am not islamic, but really, we don't need to ban all muslims. Better than cruz, in my opinion, but he is still horrible.

---------- Post added 3rd May 2016 at 12:47 PM ----------

20 other responses that are not mine for the series to continue.

---------- Post added 3rd May 2016 at 12:59 PM ----------

respond!

2. YinYang

I'm not that educated in politics, so please don't tear me apart or anything 0.0

I thought Trump was a Republican?
    He said he'd make Mexico pay for the wall, but... We don't need a wall in the first place... So... I don't know, I think the whole "wall" thing is just really stupid and completely unnecessary. There are better ways of keeping illegal immigrants out.
    To add to what you have said, Trump is also extremely sexist. The kinds of things he's said to/about women... It's enough to make you want to slam your head against a wall.

3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He is running as a Republican and identifies himself as a Republican, but he has a lot of liberal policies and he used to be liberal so a lot of people think he's a Democrat and lying for votes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As a conservative, I dislike Trump predominately because he's against free trade. His tariff-like policies are ridiculous, and his foreign policy is concerning. I don't really think he's a bigot, just desperate to attract people who will conflate being anti-politically correct with honesty. I also think it's important to make the distinction between banning Muslims and not accepting Muslim immigrants--I disagree with both, but it's really fear monger-y. Also I despise what he said about closing down the internet, that's such a massive violation of civil liberties.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry! Hilary is going to be the next president!

5. Conquistar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She is next on my list:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I think she will be president though.

6. Conquistar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Most likely at least

7. Simple Thoughts

I don't know what to think about Donald Trump because I don't have the slightest clue about what Donald Trump actually stands for.

He says one thing Monday, another thing Tuesday, and something else by Thursday. I'm not sure what his actual positions even are.

I don't buy for a second that Trump is racist or that he really wants to build a wall. I think that was just him pandering to the conservative base in order to take the primaries. He'll do some more pandering in the general to independents, but honestly I have no clue what he'll do if he wins. He's a complete wild card.

I'm not sure what to expect from him.

I can tell you one thing. If his proposed tax policy is legit and he gets that implemented our country is going to go through some devastating economic times. His tax plan has no grounds in reality and would require him to completely do away with social security and medicare, and even then he'd contribute massive amounts to the deficit and despite what people might tell you his tax cuts won't lead to new job growth either. Kansas already tried that and their state is in disaster mode right now because there were no new jobs from all the tax cuts.

#7 Simple Thoughts, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  8. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now that he's the Republican candidate I'm definitely voting Libertarian. I like his tax plan, but not his spending plan. I prefer him to Hilary because he's anti-gun control, but specific gun policy (conceal/open carry) should be determined by the states, so long as everybody can have one.

---------- Post added 4th May 2016 at 05:02 AM ----------

I don't really see the problem with his tax plan, it might actually raise revenue. Cutting income taxes on poor people is good, and I think raising them slightly on rich people is worth it. It's not going to massively decrease the size of the government like Cruz's would, but given how much Trump's plans would cost, that's probably not a bad thing. Then again, I support privatizing medicare and social security; if they were abolished, we wouldn't need higher taxes anyway, as they take up 53% of total government spending.

9. Conquistar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    CRUZ! DROPPED! OUT!

10. Simple Thoughts

His tax plan is terrible.

I don't support privatizing social security or medicare the cost would be unobtainable to pretty much everyone, and since a lot of people depend on both those things to survive there would be a literal body count as a result of that.

As for Trumps cuts he'd either have to gut the entire government down to bare bones, or he'd add 10 trillion dollars to the deficit. His plan is not a good plan at all. I'm not sure what the benefit to his plan is supposed to even be.

11. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I disagree. Social security could be transitioned I think, people would opt for accessible plans, and those ones would thrive. Healthcare's obviously going to be a bit different, but more freedom in the market would lead to innovation, paired with tort reform and making medical care tax deductible would make it obtainable for the general public.

Trump's plan might not actually be awful if he would reduce the gov't to bare bones, but considering how liberal spending under his plans are, it's a bit of a mess.

12. Psaurus918

Same. One of the main reasons I'd never vote for a republican is they always talk about privatizing social security and Medicare. That scares me.

13. Simple Thoughts

Well in their delusional make believe world when you privatize things the companies are super fair with the price and do a better job with them than government does. Of course in reality they jack the prices way up, and are nowhere to be found when it comes time for them to pay their end of the bargain. I mean look at private health insurance companies ( or car insurance companies for that matter ) We pay them tons of money, and when something happens they dig out subsection bullcrap article F you line 5 to explain why they don't actually have to do jackshizz and you're completely on your own despite what they promised you.

14. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I try not to worry about Trump because I have no say about that. But I do fear the social consequences that mass deportation will bring here In Mexico

15. Iyea

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh dear. I thought this was about the Scottish elections. or the EU referendum.

My bad

16. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I cackle at the idea of him 'forcing' Mexico to fund building a wall; that'd be like my neighbor telling me that I need to pay for a fence to stop my balls and frisbees from coming into his yard. I'm going to simply reply, "If you want a fence so bad, b***h, you pay for it!" So how he expects Mexico to shrug their shoulders and comply with it, is beyond me. And he's talking about doing a lot of banning. How can you ban someone from a country that isn't even your own?

#16 KnucklesNation, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  17. 2Sides

2Sides Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I really don't care about US politics since it is beyond my control. Then again the same applies in the UK too. Political activities beyond my control. No one cares what I have to say. So meh I just don't bother, even if the policies will have an adverse effect on me. *Yawn*