1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about crushes!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shadstack, May 3, 2016.

1. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

1) How many crushes did or do you still have all together?

2) How long did you have these crushes for? Alternatively, how long have you had your current crush for?

3) What made the crush fade away? How?

4) Did you gain anything from having a crush? How did it make you feel?

2. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I currently have 2 crushes

One for about 2 years and one for about 3 months

Hasn't gone yet but one is leaving soon so yeh they will probably go

I gained fun thoughts lol.. Sounds a bit weird saying it like that but we'll go with it..

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1. 2
    2. About two years for the first, a couple of months for the second
    3. The first one faded away after realizing she didn't like me, the second one because I thought she was too young for me (I thought she was a year younger which at the time seemed a lot, but really she's only six months younger)
    4. Made me realize who I liked and at an 'innocent' age it helped me work out my sexuality without ''working it out''. And the second one gave me a celebrity whose actually of similar age I can like.

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

David Tennant.

2) How long did you have these crushes for? Alternatively, how long have you had your current crush for?

Well, the first one lasted four DTs. The last one is still current.

David Tennant. Because David Tennant.

People assume that crushing is a strict progression from hotness to obsession, but actually, from a nonlinear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, sexy-wexy... stuff.

#4 Kodo, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  5. timo

1. I'm old. Can't remember this.
    2. The longest one lasted for almost a year. That's when I finally realised it wasn't worth my time. My current crush... I only met him 1,5 week ago. Time will tell.
    3. Time.
    4. Well, the almost-a-year-crush... We kept seeing each other as friends which, looking back, was a very bad idea cause that doesn't really help in forgetting someone. Really kids, back off if you want to forget about someone.
    At the same time I'm glad we stayed in touch though cause he's a close friend now (so maybe ignore my wise life lesson)

6. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had few at school, a few at college, a few at work, so all together quite a lot.

between a few weeks and a few months

Time, reality and a new better crush

Youthful excitement, heartache, maybe experience.

Now that I'm older and in a long term relationship it isn't acceptable to have crushes. So instead of having a crush on Russell Tovey, I just have to 'appreciate him for his acting' :icon_wink

7. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (1) Two
    (2) Just over five and a half years and just over two and half years
    (3) The older one faded a few years ago when we hadn't seen each other in ages but then it came back. The other one faded a bit when I became really depressed just over a year ago but I'm more myself now and it's come back.
    (4) I embarrassed myself in front of the first guy as nine year olds aren't very subtle. I went out with the second guy for seven months and he's still one of my best friends.

8. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. Too many to count, but if you're talking big crushes I've had 3.
    2. I had my first big crush when I was 10 and that lasted about 4 years. o_o My second one lasted maybe a year and a half, and my current one has been about a year and five months.
    3. I think not seeing the person who I liked caused me to get over them. That was the case with the first two.
    4. I definitely did gain something by having two massive crushes...I have a tendancy to kind of pick up traits and whatnot from the person who I like, so I probably took a lot of personality quirks from them and just subconciously act it. Plus, I can now recognize when I'm really falling for someone...and if I shouldn't. It made me feel guilty (at the time of the first two I was really closeted and confused) but when I actually saw the people in school I was happy. I kind of tried to rub off the crush as 'really really wanting to be best friends with her. HA no.

#8 faultyink, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  9. Embi

Embi Guest

1) As far as I remember two, could be that I had some on girls without realizing.

2) I don't remember how long the first one was, but the second lastet about a year.

3) My first because I was young and he liked my former bf and suddenly he wasn't interesting anymore. The second because I realized he isn't a nice person and because I met my girlfriend.

4) The only things I gained were daydreams and feeling shitty.