1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most important factor?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, May 3, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

So I go onto different websites/books at school, and you'll see different 'societies' picking up on different factors for 'privilege' and 'inequality'. You'll see some websites picking up some things (such as class and gender) and ignore other things (such as sexuality).

So my question to you is this, what do you consider the most important factor in gaining success or being treated unequally? Or you could do it as a 1,2,3 etc. (most important to least important).

- Race
    - Sexuality
    - Disability
    - Health
    - Religion

Or anything else? Those are the ones I thought of but you can add in more.

Just interested.

#1 Secrets5, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. Jellal

1. Class
    2. Race
    3. Disability
    4. Gender
    5. Sexuality
    6. Religion
    7. Health

I think this order shifts around depending on where you are. By and large I think the most important factor around the world is Class. Class usually has ties to Race, which is why Race is in a close second. Why is Class number one? Simply put, it is the definition of privilege—the higher Class you are, the more privileges you have in life.

3. Plattyrex

It depends entirely on the situation. Certain groups are advantaged in some situations and disadvantaged in other. Sometimes factors that would be largely important in some scenarios mean nothing in others. It really just depends on what situations a person finds them self in.