1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How important to you are exams?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Electric Puns, May 4, 2016.

1. Electric Puns

I have an English exam tomorrow, and I'm sort of freaking out about it. I wonder though, how important are exams? Obviously they're needed for certain jobs and courses, but in your experience, how much of an effect have exams had on your life after school? Or do you think they're a waste of time that suck the joy out of learning?

In any case, I should really get back to studying... :bang:

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    English is one of the most important exams [GCSE level] as you will still need to have at least a C [or equivalent] for A-level and university courses. The other most important one is maths.

After university/apprenticeship, from what I've heard from talking to various people, it doesn't matter that much.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me personally, grades are very important.

However, it really depends on what your goals are. If you wish to acquire a job in the field you are studying for, exams should be given their due respect. But if you intend on pursuing a vocational or art career, it is less so.

Ultimately, if the stress of exams is making you miserable, then that is where it loses it's value. There is no sense spending one's time and energy on something that will suck the life out of you...

Though keep in mind there's always a balance. If the endgoal requires hard work and lots of exams, and if the endgoal is worth it, then I'm a big proponent of giving everything you got. Weigh your goals and don't take someone else's word for what should be important in your life.

4. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I took up Multimedia Arts so exams are really different compared to other programs aligned in science or engineering. Most of our exams are practical. Making videos, editing pictures, magazine layout, etc. But to us, it is important to ace this exams too. So staying up late for days (sometimes skipping sleep) and editing videos is equivalent to you guys that studies tons of papers.

5. HerrinDesFeuers

They aren't that important to me. Nobody will ever be really interested in them, so why should I care?
    My grades are quite good in general and that's enough for me.

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Getting good grades in college/university is important to me so taking and passing exams are as well.
    Though I never miss sleep over them. My study plan is usually study two days before exam, take a break day before, skim over study notes an hour or two before exam and there you go. Seems to of worked well in the past for me, compared to high school were I didn't study or do homework at all.

7. Jellyfish Clear

They are really important to me because of what I want to do in the future but I try not to get stressed over them. What happens happens it is not like I am going by to die if I fail a subject here or there.

8. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My exams are pretty important, and I hate the fact that I have one coming up this month. I'm doing a vocational course at the moment, so most of the work is based on coursework rather than exams.

I need to pass my exams as both of them are resits for GCSE maths and English, if I fail them then I'll have to do them for the third time. I mean, I passed my literature exam but not my language exam in English, so I guess I'm halfway there in that respect/aspect? See, this is why I'm redoing English. :eusa_doh:

I'm not too bothered about English, it's the maths I'm terrified on. I still want to get both of them though, and if not that then at least one.

Now excuse me while I go revise and panic wildly. :bang:

9. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty important.

Especially when they are worth a lot, I can study a lot for them and raise my mediocre term mark :grin: That being said, for a select few classes where the final is worth 30%, and I'm just like pffft it's barely worth freaking out over :lol:

10. Sigtu12034

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good grades = Happy parents = Rewards

Pretty important :lol:

11. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not someone who really studies.

So, most of the time, I don't remember there's an exam until I'm in class. I don't freak out over those.

12. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Extremely important. As in they've ruled my life for the past 3 years and if I don't do well in my A-levels next month I will have fucked up my future and I'll probably end up having a breakdown. My entire life I've been prepped for exams, I hate them but its pushed on us that you need to do well in them to succeed.

#12 Aberrance, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  13. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

As important as they are to colleges :slight_smile:bang:slight_smile: