1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

comeing out to class

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by crystaltriforce, Feb 25, 2009.

1. crystaltriforce

my seminar class has an asignment to make a powerpoint presentation or a collage about ourselves and who/what influenced us. do you guys think it's a good idea to use this project to help me come out?

2. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i guess if your not afraid to then kudos to you.

3. Urman

Urman Guest

Ya that would be a cool idea per say as long as your ok with everyone knowing and what rewards or consequences might come out of it.But that would be a really cool idea

4. crystaltriforce

the possible consequences are what scares me

5. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i came out in class by telling a football player that i could get more girls then him

>_<

everyone was like WTF?!?!
    but i just laughed it off

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

It would be a good way to come out. The question is, do you want to come out? Just because it would be a good method doesn't mean it's necessarily right for you at the moment.

7. crystaltriforce

i feel that this is the best way to gain confidence and to get the courage to come out to the rest of my family

8. teke2timez

Out Status:
    Some people
    i almost disagree kinda a bad idea but that is depending on how ur classmates are, u may get iced out for a periode of time.... but idk up to u

9. diegon3

well if you wouldn't expect to see any of them in the future depending in what grade your in it would be ok. I have also been considering it but I can easily tell what the reactions of most people in my school will be and what I would be in for. That's why if the people I can trust ask I am willing to tell them. But keep in mind word spreads, if you have teachers that might be a little close minded and can fail you over their own prejudice, so keep your eyes open and of course you can get them fired for that which would be fun.

10. Paralyzer

Well, I would think that sexuality is more of a personal matter and I wouldn't want to tell my whole class something of that nature. If some stranger walks up to me and randomly asks if I'm gay, I would feel reluctant to tell them because I don't know who they are or why they want to know that information. It's no one's true business, though it may be an interesting trait.

It's up to you to do this, but I'm not fond of it...
    Overall, I'm sure you're classmates would take it well. I doubt anything horrible would happen. You'd probably get some gossip on the side but I don't think there would be any big drama.

11. crystaltriforce

i don't think that would be a problem because i don't know anyone at school anyway

12. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

But they will certainly know you from now on.

13. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

I certainly wouldn't do it, but since I'm not out I don't consider myself good example in the least. Keep in mind that one thing is telling people 'separately' during chats and a very different one is exposing yourself to the whole class (including the teacher, I guess) all at once.

14. riddlerno1

I personally wouldnt because i would be tooscared of reactions, but if you feel its the right time for you and taht it wont coause any problems in the class then by all means go ahead. Do you know the views on homosexuality of some people in that class, because there may be people that are homophobic and you will need support from your friends. Do your friends know? If not then may be asuggestion to tell them first.