1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I going through a rebellious stage?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, May 5, 2016.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I painted my nails. Black with tiny blue glitters. I painted my nails because ... because... well, I liked the colour. I painted my nails on Monday at 11:30 and already had to do touch-ups by 16:30! And again the following day, and again yesterday (And I'm sure I will have to do touch-ups again later today). Someone suggested I try acrylic nails. I've had acrylic nails on two occasions. One was my matric farewell (prom) and the other was when I was one of my sister's bridesmaids. I didn't keep those nails on for very long. They started to annoy me and I didn't like the way it made me look all girly, so I think I kept them on for about 2-3 days. I don't like long nails anyway. Fake or real. Just doesn't work for me. They always split or break and things get stuck underneath. With short nails, you just rub your fingertips where the nail ends and the dirt or whatever comes out easily. Long nails are too much maintenance in my opinion. And I don't wear make-up for that very reason.

Always have to do touch-ups, and have to replace the stupid things often because it gets old or something and all they do is make my eyes itchy and they block my pores, making me sweat it all off anyway. The times that I wore make-up, it was only eyeliner. SOMETIMES I'd put on eye shadow too, but mostly it was just eyeliner. Tried mascara once. Only once. It sucks because if your eye itches, you can't rub it or you'd look like you're going to a zombie convention.

And let me rather not get started on stupid dresses and heels...

Right, let's get back on topic: NAILS. Uhm, yeah, I keep my nails short because I like it short. If my nails' white bits get longer than 2mm, I tend to automatically bite them short again. When they're short, I stop biting them. I just can't stand long-ish nails.

And regarding painting them: I don't think black nails are very girly (my opinion, others may differ), so I'm fine with this colour on my nails. I'm not sure how long I will like my nails painted but for now, I can live with it.

I have no idea what "message" I'm trying to subconsciously send out, but I think I'm trying to find myself somehow. I know it sounds silly for an almost 28-year old woman to say, but I really don't know why I'm doing this. I think I'm going through a rebellious stage again. I want to have my tongue re-pierced; want to have my eyebrow pierced; want to get second piercings in my ears; want to get another tattoo (and another, and another)... Maybe it's an early mid-life crisis??? :lol: :shrug:

2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't call getting piercings at 28 'rebellious' - you're just being an adult, making her own decisions.

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At 43, I decided to get three tattoos. They were all very personal and meaningful to me. Never had a tattoo before. Its just a way for me to be myself. That said, given I have been on a journey of self discovery over the past four to so years, and I have since risen above society norms, getting the tattoos did fulfill a desire I carried with me since childhood.

So, maybe your finding yourself, maybe your expresses whom you are, and to the extent you are, go for it!