1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls who like girls, how do I best flirt with you & show you that I'm interested?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chinaski, May 6, 2016.

1. Chinaski

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm shy and in I need of advice.

2. Butterfly2016

Re: Girls who like girls, how do I best flirt with you & show you that I'm interested

For starters, just make light conversation. See where it goes from there. Ask about their hobbies, compliment their hair and outfit, etc.

3. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Girls who like girls, how do I best flirt with you & show you that I'm interested

Gosh I flirt with everyone its just part of my repertoire. :slight_smile: And I love it when people flirt with me just as casual banter. But its gotta be quick and roll off the tongue it can't be forced. If you want to learn how to flirt just start doing it casually with everyone. The more you do it the more comfortable you get doing it and the better you get at doing it. But I'm kind of a jokester so I'm not sure everybody could pull that off. I'm constantly trying to make people laugh and lighten up. Most of my jokes are not sexual in nature, But when the opportunity arrives I take it. Again, it shouldn't look forced. I think you should start practicing. :slight_smile:

4. Chinaski

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Just realised there are too many words in the sentence I posted above (sorry).

Anyway, I like to really get to know people and their opinions/thoughts on deep things. I like to show interest in people. Is that too intense?

#4 Chinaski, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  5. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I am a very intense person....believe it or not. I don't have a lot of casual friends because I like people that are able to share things about themselves on a more intimate level. A lot of people can't. They put of facades or never really talk about themselves too much. I personally like to know what makes you tick. A way I do that is by asking a personal question and then immediately answer it from my perspective in a heart felt way...from my own vulnerable experiences. Then I propose the same question to them again and I ask them for complete honesty. For example, I'll ask somebody about their experience coming out to their parents. I'll then give them my story. But not just a story. I'll describe how I felt, the pain that it caused, how it affected me. The emotional impact that it had on me. Then I'll ask them again, "what was your coming out like". That way they can feel free to open up to me. When you're vulnerable with someone they are more likely to be vulnerable back to you and that will create a more intimate relationship. If they are not able to do that after you did then that tells you a lot about the person.

#5 OutofZCloset, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  6. confusedbubble

Lots of compliments and smiles show an interest in their hobbies or interests eye contact is hot it shows you're interested in them

7. Chinaski

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That's what I'm like as well (both with people I want to be friends with and people I'm interested in romantically, though those people are often my friends first). I think I've found that it tends to make people a bit uncomfortable, which is sad and also probably the reason I don't have that many friends.

---------- Post added 7th May 2016 at 09:49 AM ----------

Here's what I did with the last girl I was interested in (I didn't know her before and only met her that one day): I talked to her, asked questions about her, tried to have eye contact with her when I talked to her (also found myself getting eye contact with her when someone else told a joke or something and I kind of instinctively checked to see if she liked to joke too), I tried to show I was interested in what she had to say, I looked at her a lot, etc. As far as I know she's straight and nothing could ever really happen between us even if she wasn't, but yeah. Does that sound like flirting or is it just normal behaviour for someone who meets someone else for the first time?

8. PrettyinPunk

Hmm, well I don't know how to 'flirt' but I've had people accuse me of flirting with others. I think it's just because I'm a friendly, outgoing person that enjoys good conversation. When it comes to flirting with me all I know is subtlety goes over my head. At the same time if I don't know someone and they come on really strong I wouldn't like that much. There are exceptions though.

It could be. Its definitely friendly, which is good. Prolonged eye contact can be seen as flirting. Of course avoid creepy staring. You didn't mention much of it but what I've noticed plays a big part is body language. You could try adding in subtle hints showing interest, I think they work on most people.

9. Im Just Me

Personally, if you're genuinely interested in going on a date or something, I really love a girl to just be really forward. I always assume people are just being sweet, or are straight or whatever. But if a girl just is up front and asks me out, it will be flattering, will completely make my day, and the forward-ness is kind of a turn on almost? Personally, as long as I'm not in a relationship, I'd probably always say yes to a date with that approach. Doesn't mean it will go anyway or I'll feel that connection once we try it, but the person who initiated it would have caught my interest enough to say "why not" and see if anything is there.

10. Chinaski

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I was definitely trying to have more eye contact with her than I usually have with people (without being creepy). Tell me more about body language? I'm not great at body language and could use some suggestions.

Interesting! So if I came up to you, would you just want me to ask you out straight away or would you want me to compliment the way you look and talk a bit first? :slight_smile: Sorry if I ask weird questions, I'm just not used to hitting on people (especially not girls).

I always assume people are just being sweet or straight as well and never really know if they're flirting with me or if they're just being touchy-feely like some people (especially girls) can be with their friends. Do you know what I mean?

#10 Chinaski, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  11. PrettyinPunk

Body language can be more aggressive or subtle. Unless your consciously focusing on it, it should be a subconscious thing. I'm not sure I could suggest body language to you but next time your around someone you like, be natural but aware of your body. Or have a friend take note for you, could be a fun psych\social experiment.

I can give general examples of body language that might be considered flirtatious. Relative body direction is one, where the center of their body is. If it's pointed directly in front of the person they like. Direction of feet as well, you want them pointed at you. Touch of course is a good sign. If you tell a joke and they touch your arm/shoulder playfully. Any playful but uneseccary touch. There's presenting, which can vary depending on gender. Girls often will touch their hair or neck. Pursing of lips can be key, as well as someone staring at your lips. More obvious ones are leaning into an interest or being a little too close. And similar to eye contact is focus. In a conversation or group of more people if their focus is on you the majority of the time, reflects interest. If they look around or away often, not in a shy way but more bored, not a good sign. Mimicry is important, if they mimic your body movements/position, or copy speech quirks. And lastly how much the person laughs and smiles at you.

Keep in mind these are typical and may not apply to everyone. There are also people who are naturally physically affectionate. But in general they are helpful in figuring out if someone likes you!

12. confusedbubble

Yes that sounds like flirting to me maybe you could get to know her better and flirt a bit more you never know she could be gay... Sounds like you're heading in the right direction though

13. ThreeBears3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

I'm a flirt and it's unhealthy lol, people used to say back in the day that they always were worried about our relationship because my spouse and I flirt with people all the time. Accept it mostly just makes me really weird to straight girls and men get the wrong idea and there's the whole awkward no thanks I don't want your number. Lesbians seem amused and like to help me with things I find, like they're really well one of two things, they flirt back rather butch and it's undeniable hot or they're like oh I know about ___ let me help you. Im always like that and also I think sometimes someone I'm actually genuinely flirting with knows I'm checking them out. I get comments like 'oh your eyes are so sparkly' tipping me off to the fact that they were looking at my eyes when I was looking at they're breasts and lips and... Long story short subtlety can be great. Smile and make sure it's you're eyes too or even more than your mouth. Be confident. Actually i am quite introverted and oddly that makes me chatty and I say freakish things when I get nervous so it's ok to laugh at yourself and admit you're nervous if you say something weird. Compliment jewelry and hair ... 'I really like your necklace' is a good one because then you've opened up a conversation possibility like maybe that necklace has a story and she might say that and tell you and if she touches it you can look at it more and then you're talking about something. So say she says thanks my ___ gave it to me' I might respond with 'well it looks really good on you, are you/were you close with your ___' she may follow with something about that and then ask something else similar to me or if she stands there awkwardly I could offer the info and if she looks like she's not into it it's easy to bow out. You can though take conversations from something like that, like 'it looks really good on you' and look at her like you like what you see, be there don't present yourself timidly, don't feel like you can't stand just a little close or put your hand kinda near hers on something or her if you're at a bar or someplace where it's likely she's into the ladies you can always just say can I buy you a drink or wanna dance or just come out and say you find that person attractive. Men say over sexed things to women all the time and it's hella annoying but things like 'you're very pretty, you know what's the deal with that' and sort of fain chuckle, bite your lip and look away... You know be seductive if you want and are old enough for that to be appropriate advice.. Women like appropriate compliments. I refrain from saying oh you're so pretty my gosh can I just keep you... Cause creepy... But you can say things and the more confidently you speak from the heart and just keep it light and comfortable... Women are harder to talk to than men I was never very good at it. Men are much more straightforward creatures. Good luck

---------- Post added 7th May 2016 at 07:58 PM ----------

Oh and really listen and really look at her when you talk, women love that... I totally do :wink: and I can be really geeky about things, like anything I like and I sort of want to jump anyone that says things like 'oh I love how excited you are about that, that's adorable, you're right that's excellent/I know nothing about that but you're making me want to' for realzies :wink:

14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Well for starters you could buy me a box of chocolates I'd really like that. :slight_smile:

15. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Make eye contact with me when you're talking, smile, maybe 'accidently' brush by me. And give compliments! But since I'm kinda dumb when it comes to recognizing who likes me just be upfront and tell me.

16. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family

Compliment, eye contact, smile. The compliment boosts my confidence and shows that you actually sorta like me, eye contact is just great because eyes are fucking mesmerising, then the smile is cute and makes me like you.... but also if it's done in the right sorta confident way while holding eye contact, it makes it pretty clear what you're thinking which is helpful.

17. Chinaski

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Thank you for the advice, everyone! Some of you have suggested touching the person I'm interested in (in a non-creepy way). If the person is interested in me too then I guess she wouldn't mind if I touched her arm or something but what if she reacts badly? Like, what if I hit on her and she's straight and it gets all weird?

18. confusedbubble

If she's straight then say sorry tell her she's beautiful and then move on