1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting Yahoo! Answers Response

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shadstack, May 7, 2016.

1. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

(Note to staff members: this Yahoo! Answers question was posted with 'anonymous,' therefore it is not linking to any other account I have outside of this forum. Please do not remove this).

I asked this question in the 'Religion and Spirituality' section on Yahoo! Answers. It got quite a mixed response. Let me know what you think of it.

Link: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20160506081441AAJELXT

2. Cedar

Not surprised in the slightest by some of these answers, even if they are, rather disappointing to read. I have known some LGBT+ people that haven't left their faith in whatever religion they believe in behind, I don't really believe that in order to be LGBT+ you become some "Godless heathen" or whatever. Whatever "lifestyle" you choose does not make you faithless in anyway, sure you can always leave whatever religion you were brought up in because they might not support your choice to live openly as your authentic self. If you still want to be Christian after coming out, more power to you, do what brings you joy in your life.

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lets just say there's a reason I stopped going there and post my questions here instead... It seems like a good bit of the population are crazy fundamentalists who hate us with all of their existence for no good cause.

At least you had a few replies from those with brains intact, they seem to be a minority on the site, especially with the others driving them away.

4. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

I felt the same way, that's why I came on here as well. The LGBT section on there is full of hate, honestly.

I think you could boil it down to three groups; the crazy old fashioned ones, the normal decent human beings and the regressive left.

5. bleedingheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Awful responses in there, really upsetting some of them.

And you can imagine the internal hatred being fostered becoming a real life act of violence at some point down the road. I believe it is intentionally intimidating and I for one will not bow down to it - although it is of great concern the number of times this goes unaddressed.

You do not have to look very far in the world, or indeed far back in our own histories, to find regimes imprisoning, torturing and murdering citizens on the same basis as these sentiments, so it is a real and justifiable concern that it goes uncorrected in our supposedly free and enlightened societies.

Best wishes,
    xxx

#5 bleedingheart, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  6. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep 20% of the population on that site are bigots, 1% genuine, 79% trolls. It doesn't matter how hard you try, the more you post there, the more you become a troll or a bigot. Personally, I'd go with troll. It's more fun and trolls tend to have wider gene pools.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's so many trolls on yahoo. One troll claimed to be a 10 year old girl who thought she was pregnant and she thought she got pregnant from making out with him like she sucked up his sperm and got pregnant and the best answer was yes you are and she replies back with okay thank you I'm going to have an abortion now!

8. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The answers don't surprise me.

9. bleedingheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm tempted to go and troll on it myself, but as 'The Trolling Sword of Truth' or some such otherwise grandiose claim to ultimate enlightenment dolling out justice. Hmm. Could be fun. Although potentially a waste of time.

10. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    if it was my brother I d be like "say whattttt??!!" Especially if it was my actual brother because he s been in prison a couple of times

Oh boy I love Yahoo answers

11. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Equal parts saddening and amusing.

#11 Kodo, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016