1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Fitting Into Societies View of Male Beauty

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SirPandacorn, May 8, 2016.

1. SirPandacorn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does any other male in the Lgbt Spectrum hate how hard it is to date men? It just seems like in every movie, book, or social media that male couples are always skinny(or muscled) white boys who are sexy as hell. It just feels like men have high standards when it comes to other men. Like they have to be the same weight or more muscled. Im fat and I want to date a skinny guy! Is that such a bad thing? I personally dont think bigger guys are ugly or disgusting so why do others feel that way. Im not like jelly rolls fat. I just have a chubby tummy and my cheeks are a bit fat too. Also it annoys the hell out of me with the dick size thing. Like stfu. Your docm doesnt determine how much of a man you are. Like if youre a woman youre not more womanly of your vagina is bigger wtf. Theyre just sexual organs. If you are really that picky about something you probably wont see for 70% of the time youre with your partner then you are going to have problems with your relationships because most guys lie when they say their dick is huge. I honestly am so tired of worrying that Ill be single forever because im not skinny or muscly. Im okay with my weight but I would like to lose a bit in the future. Thats not the point tho. Im just so tired of either stereotypical gays or two guys who are muscled and perfect and that stuff. I want better representation. I want there to be a movie about a chubby guy and a skinny guy who are different races. I want them to have acne, braces, glasses, unique clothing, faces that match what age they are. I want them to be actual teenagers. I want them to get into fights and sometimes think if they want to break up. I wamt them to just cuddle on a couch while watching Tv and just chill. I want them not fit into any stereotype. I want them to be complex. I want them to be real. I cant stand that the only representation male couples get are that theyre gay and are femme. I just want to be able to date even though Im fat. Even though in winter im a weird pale tan, and brown in the summer. Even though i have brown eyes and brown hair. Even though im nothing special. Or at the very least just have better representation in media so people like me can feel like they have a chance. To other men who like men: you dont have to be skinny or muscled, you can have brown hair and brown eyes, tou dont have to have a nice butt, you dont need a humongous dick, and you dont have to do go out and do millioms of things to be cool or beautiful or whatever. You are beautiful even if you dont believe so. Imagine your body is a sculpture or something an artist has worked a really long time perfecting. When its done it is the most beautiful thing theyve ever seen and it hurts when people say think its ugly. So dont call yourself ugly because you are special, you are intricate, you are complex, and you were made out of two tiny cells and grew up to be this amazingly beautiful creature. This post is all over the place. Sorry haha Im just annoyed by how society thinks men need to look like.

2. Nikky DoUrden

Please, use "enter" key more, we need paragraphs, some of us at least with certain difficulties :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I just wanna say based on couple first lines that I (managed to!) read is that im attracted to real guys of many types, and im sure many feel the same as me.
    U can have preferences of course, there are many types of people and many of them will suit u just as well as u will suit them, not everyone live in dreamland where the guys are all models :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To address the first point, the media doesn't reflect the world as it is. In films and TV, it shows us the world in a way that the audience wants to see it. There isn't very good representation of diversity in gay films become it is hard enough already to produce movies for a minority group as risks grow higher with smaller audiences. Producing a film for a minority within a minority is a high risk and that is why there isn't much mainstream diversity.
    The problem is, that if the media is your main view of the gay world then you will only see 'beautiful' young white couples living ridiculously unrealistic lifestyles. In the real world, you see real people.
    Being truly happy with your own size and appearance is attractive in itself. People are attracted to confidence so there isn't a problem. However, when you say you want to date a skinny guy, why is that? It sounds as though your own idea of what is attractive is encouraging you to believe others only want skinny guys. Why wouldn't you want to date a chunky guy?
    As for penis size, this is the most ridiculously exaggerated worry amongst men. It is a perfectly acceptable concern of a teenage boy but why so many people transfer it to their adult life is beyond me. I can even understand it amongst straight men who potentially never see another adult penis in their life but it's so odd amongst gay men. The truth is though, that more men are more concerned with the flaws of their own mini-me than with the size of others. You only get one and it's not worth risking, so look after it, be happy with it and it will repay the favour.

#3 Calf, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  4. duende84

I had a look at your picture on your profile and man, what are you going on about?! You are extremely good looking!

5. Kevin240

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I totally get it. My husband is gorgeous...the kind of guy people turn around to look at. And I'm plain. Not ugly or anything, just totally ordinary. And I am SOOO sick of people's snide comments about what does he see in me. Or asking me, How did you get HIM?

The media is cruel fantasy...and it treats straight people the same way...especially women. But I admit that the gay club scene is all about appearance...if my husband andI go to a club together, guys are hitting on him left and right...and I might as well be a piece of furniture.

The majority of gay guys are not manscaped super studs. They're ordinary guys. And as we get older, those of us who want more than random hookups discover that good looks aren't the end all and be all. The way my husband and I feel about each other has nothing to do with appearance and everything to do with the flawed and complex people we are.

And BTW, I agree with duende84...you're not fat, you're a very attractive guy.

6. photoguy93

See, I have always felt looks really matter when you want sex. I think it does for some relationship stuff, but people might be a bit more open there.

I think I'm pretty attractive, but guys I find attractive apparently are so taken aback at my beauty, they feel the need to block me after seeing my pic :wink: just kidding. It sucks but I've learned that, as sappy as it sounds, I have to be comfortable with myself, first.

7. I'm_Danni_x

"One man's trash is another man's treasure"

8. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Men in general place greater emphasis on looks than women when it comes to dating. This is a generalisation mind you - but from my experience, women are more interested in a man's income than his appearance (although the latter will obviously be important too).

I genuinely believe there is someone for everyone - I see people who look 'plain' with really good looking girl/boyfriends, and I have no doubt most people will think 'How did that happen' -but everyone has different standards when it comes to attractiveness, and although I think looks certainly are important to a certain extent, there is a lot more to a person than how good looking they are.

#8 imnotreallysure, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  9. duende84

But I share the feeling. Many days I look in the mirror and struggle to like what I see. Then I go out and get compliments and have a hard time accepting it. Must be the opposite of being narcissistic?

10. 2Sides

2Sides Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know.