1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleh... Doctors

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BeautifulStranger, Feb 26, 2009.

1. BeautifulStranger

I have a doctor's appointment at 5:15 :/
    I'm finally going to find out what the deal is with my nosebleeds and ever present headaches.

I hate going to the doctors. I used to be totally okay as a child.
    Then I broke my leg when I was 8.
    After about 10 days of healing, I went in for a check-up and the doctor wasn't satisfied with the setting so he rebroke my leg.

I had no painkillers... no anaesthesia... nothing.
    I don't think I've ever experienced more severe pain or screamed so loud in my entire life. My mom said I was squeezing her hand so hard she couldn't feel it anymore.
    That experience ruined doctors for me.

In fact, the first thing I said to my mom when I got back in the car was, "I'm never going back..."

Even now... when I have to get something as small as a physical I throw tantrums and cry. I'm 17 and I'm convinced that every doctor I meet will brake all of the bones in my body.

Bleh... I hate doctors... They're like a death sentence to me.

2. Dazed

Dazed Guest

aww tyler i hate doctors too.
    but you need to find out whats wrong so you dont die.
    who would i girl talk with then?

:] and i may miss you if you like fell over and died haha.
    <3

3. Greggers

Maybe you need to watch a show with a sexy man doctor in it? That always makes me feel better about them...

4. BeautifulStranger

I've got an appointment with a neurologist now

5. Remington

First of all, the doctor that broke your leg deserves to be shot. That was incredibly insensitive.

Second of all, doctors make me nervous as well. I've been to a lot of them due to my countless medical issues, and it's never made me comfortable with them.

I will say that my neurologist is very kind and I like him a lot, so hopefully yours will be the same.

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoa. Have you ever considered taking legal action against the doctor who broke your leg? That's absolutely wrong.
    My neurologist is awesome, really understanding and pretty funny, so I hope yours turns out to be just as good. Good luck!

7. TheRoof

lol you stole my thunder. i was gonna say that :slight_smile:

8. biisme

He just....rebroke it?

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

9. musican

That's crazy. I would have kicked his face in (with the unbroken leg of course).

10. Sarah

Is that even legal? Did your mother allow him to do that?

If that happened to me I'd be tramatized to! My gosh. When I was little i was ALWAYS sick. I went to the doctors like twice every month. And my doctor was really cool. But I was so afraid of dentists!! I'd cry everytime they came at me with those sharp pointy scraper things....:frowning2: I always had cavities. And when they had that buzzy thing....I'd cry my eyes out. The only thing I liked about the dentist was the game and TVs in the waiting room and getting to pick a bunch of toys when I left. lol. But I'm ok with my denitsts now. Except, I just don't like my dentist guy, his name is Dr. Ready. Totally wierd. nd he wears like a shaded mask. Its like a welders mask but doesn't just have the one little slit, you know what i mean?

11. kaster

Thats what you're meant to do if it hasn't reset properly in a few days, because if it had set wrong there could be loads of complications now, you might not have been able to walk properly etc.
    He should have maybe said he was going to do it and offered a bit of pain relief but generally it wouldn't help MUCH with the pain and may have got a young boy worked up in the first place and scared.
    Try not to hate Doctors too much just because of that, think of all the good they can do too. I want to be a doctor, will you hate me?
    <33 Hope everything is fine Tyler! xxx

12. BeautifulStranger

When I was a child my dentist's name was Dr. Payne.
    No lie...

13. Larry Myster

I know this is ganna come a little awkword, but I actually like my doctore, he reminds me alot like house only he isnt an asswhole.

14. Level N Human

Boy, I can relate. I became deathly afraid of dentists after going to a bad one for a while. She pulled teeth without waiting long enough for the anesthetic to set, and once removed a cracked tooth with no numbing at all. :\ My parents thought that I threw tantrums just because I was a kid who didn't like the mild discomfort or something and I had no way of knowing what good dentists were like since she was the only one we'd ever gone to. Since then I've switched to a good dental place and my fears are mostly gone.

Hopefully your doctor's visit goes well, and maybe being in good hands will help you get over it like it helped me. :grin: Good luck dude.

15. SamAlex728

My god! I know that he had to rebreak your leg, but DAMN, no anesthesia, no pankillers, not even a frying pan to the forehead to take your mind off the leg?! What a prick!

And Maddy, in the US, you can only file malpractice suits until 2 years after the incident, any longer, you just get a "too little, too late".

16. Dazed

Dazed Guest

tyler you have the weirdest luck.

my doctor was Dr.Wong

and it took him 3 times to figure out the my face breaking out was an allgeric reaction.
    yea..i guess he was..Wong.*said in baby voice*