1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auditory hallucinations?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grungeteen, May 12, 2016.

1. grungeteen

For a while now, mainly just at night, I've been hearing like either really simple stuff like thumps in the night or random sounds which I can't tell what they are or where they're coming from or sometimes I'll hear actual People. But the embarrassing thing is that I'll hear people having sex and for me, it's really disturbing and i freeze up and feel like I can't breathe etc. Because it sounds like it isn't coming from the inside of my room, I can never pin point Exactly where it is coming from and whether they're real or just inside my head.

Any thumps on the night or doors shaking and stuff make me think people are having sex and i again just feel really panicked. It used to just be the fear of my parents doing it but now it's the fear that my neighbours and others are.

I don't know if these are hallucinations but I hear something atleast every night and I'm just always scared I'll hear things.

But I don't know if this counts- sometimes I'll hear something like a dog Barking but even tho I figure out its a dog Barking I just hear people doing it or moaning and it really messes with my head.

I haven't told anyone and i can't really find anything online to help. I don't know why my head just keeps hearing sex noises and m is interpreting everything as sex but it gets me really anxious at night :frowning2:

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hmm... You might have someone within hearing range with an active sex life ? I don't know why you'd mishear something like that from hearing other things, though... it almost sounds to me like you can't get your thoughts off of that sex sound and unexpected sounds or noises may trigger anxiety which helps to bring forth and sustain that sound which you find unpleasant. That's just a sketchy theory, though, of course. Maybe next time you can think "there probably isn't anyone having sex near me that I can hear now" as a measure to counteract that which says there is (although if it's nighttime (or daytime)) it might relly be the case, of course).