1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghosts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by StrataScribe, Feb 27, 2009.

1. StrataScribe

OH MY GAWD!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The most fucked up (excuse the language) and scariest thing just happened to me! It's about 430ish in the morning here for me and i got up to use the bathroom. Well, on my way back to bed this man's voice yells out my name "MATTHEW!". I freeze. Nearly piss myself despite having just left the john. I turn and there, standing at the bottom of the stairs is my grandfather. My DEAD grandfather!!!! I hurry over to the lightswitch, turn the light on and look again. And he's gone.

The weirdest thing is that this has happened to me before. This past summer I was on my way home from work (at night) and I was walking past this big open field covered in dead grass about three feet high. ANd I get this strange feeling - like someone's watching me - and I look and there, in the middle of the field, pops up my grandfather from the grass. And he just stands there watching me. Then a car comes driving up and beeps (coz im standing in the middle of the road with my jaw to the ground). The horn gets my attention for a split sec and i look to the car, then back to the field and he's gone.

At the time I thought it was my exhaustion from the long day I had and that I was just seeing things, or maybe it was just some old guy doing god knows what out in the middle of a field but now I have no doubt that that was my grandfather that i saw. Call me crazy, but I have always believed in ghosts. The reason: my sister sees and talks to dead people. Seriously! This is NOT a joke! ANd now I'm thinking I'm starting to too.

I'm not scared. Not yet anyways considering the only one I've seen is my grandfather. But right now I'm all wired up and can't sleep and thought I'd share.

Awwwwrgh! Such a weird feeling!!!

2. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've seen a few ghosts.
    fortunately, they haven't yelled at me XD
    though someone etched "h3lp me" into my door in capitals :S (the 3 is a backwards e)

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol Maybe it is a side effect of caffeine? I've personally never been a believer of the super natural. I want proof, really. Just so I could add that edge of supernatural to my life. I think it would be awesome.

4. Bryan44

Okay, so I just started reading this..and then I stopped because its still dark outside..I'll finish when the sun comes up lol.

5. Amy

Amy

I do not believe in ghosts persay, but I do believe that your subconscious can show your conscious things it does not know. Sometimes it is through dreams and sometimes it is through visions.
    That's what I think at least. :slight_smile:

6. StrataScribe

It definitely wasn't caffeine. I dont drink coffee, tea, pop....plus I havent had food or drink in like 15 hours so any effect caffeine woulda had wouldve been gone by now.

My sis has said that she's seen my grandfather a few times but he's never said anything to her. Mostly she sees random people she doesn't know. It's freaky, when were younger, I'd hear her open her door in the middle of the night and say "it's time for you to leave" or "get out!". And with the way my bed was positioned I could see her door and she was always alone! It would freak me out so much. But I'm thinking, I never really got to know my grandfather, maybe next time I see him I'll be able to talk to him (until I freak out again...)

7. HeronsStorm

Meh, I've never been a big believer in ghosts. I believe in spirits, but not in a... human form like dead people. Good luck with that though!

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I doubt it. People have yet to prove that humans have some sort of "life force", no one can locate or even confirm the "soul", and I don't believe in an afterlife to be rejected from.

9. kaster

I'd love that.. like to see my gran, I'd be so happy, even if it wasnt "real" or something, just to see her... I think this is really cool. If it turns out to be proven that ghosts don't exist (I don't really know what I believe about it) then it's still pretty cool that you saw him even if it was imagination because it shows that you're thinking of him etc...
    :slight_smile:

10. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    maybe you share some traits like ichigo go be a shinigami

11. theworld

Blame all the horror scary movies out there, but ghosts give me the squeggy wheebies. I don't believe in them or even like thinking about them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe in ghosts.. Just your subconcious mind i think, lol...

13. Greggers

Well, im going against the general negative flow and going to say i believe you hehe :slight_smile:

I believe that there are supernatural works out in the world for sure. I also believe that its the human condition to ignore, suppress or make excuses for anything off-beat, weird or that cannot be proven. I believe that there really is no such thing as a big coincidence. I wont go into that alot, but i do think there is fate and karma at play in the world.

but most importantly, If you know you saw him, then you know you saw him. Alot of people *are* you to tell you that you are wrong or it could not happen, but thats complete bull shit. They cannot prove beyond a shadow of a doubt what you saw was not a ghost because they were not there when you saw him. If you said something ridiculous like "I became Elvis for one and a half seconds while walking home from school" then they still cant prove you wrong because they were not there :slight_smile: Its like the old saying "If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a noise?"

14. Melissa

Ha! Caught you again! Bleach and Code Geass fan! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyway, I also believe in ghosts though I prefer the term spirit! I have 'seen' my grandparents even though they died before I was born. I recognized them from pictures. It used to occur alot more often when I was younger, but I know that they are still close to me.

15. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I believe you! Maybe Gramps has something important to tell you. Next time ask him what he wants. :slight_smile:

16. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I also believe you. I agree with Becky as well, I'd listen. There is much more to the world than people realize, and science and fact is based on other science and fact that is based on previous accepted values and ideas. It's easy to see how this works when you see how children behave and what their though process is. On found lie would cripple all fact. Some things are beyond it. . .

Basically, I'm rambling for people to take the time to view things from all perspectives, and dismiss their own for a short time. . .

17. TheRoof

that's kinda creepy...i would seriously like scream if i saw something like that....i dont believe in ghosts and supernaturals but idk...maybe those kinds of stuff are real....

18. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, I'm not sure what to think about ghosts. Personally, I take a rather scientific approach to life and all the happenings. However I'm open to the concept, definitely, beacuse there's so many reports and sightings that can't be explained, so there has to be something there, you know?

Keep us posted on any more happenings, I'm really interested in this. :slight_smile:

19. 3104

Out Status:
    A few people
    BeckyG is right, if you really are seeing him, there is probably a message he needs to get across, and perhaps its pretty urgent and/or imperative that you know something.

20. StrataScribe

MAybe he now knows I'm gay and he's trying to tell me that he and the rest of my family that I've lost is okay with it? *wishful thinking*

But seriously, thanks for the comments everyone! I understand not everyone believes in ghosts or spirits but I liken it to religion. Not every person is a big believer in God (I'm a nonbeliever) while others are. Similarly, not every person is gonna believe in spirits...THat doesn't mean that person is wrong or right. It just beens we all believe in something different. Which is a damn good thing b/c life would be boring if everyone was a carbon copy of the person next to them.

But I know what I saw. And I know what I'd like to take away from it. So it's all good!