1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group therapy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Athame, May 13, 2016.

1. Athame

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    In group therapy yesterday we were talking about having boundaries. Which was fine, until someone started talking about the transgender bathroom issue. That caused people to start talking about gay people. Someone said the world is turning into a Sodom and Gamorrah (spelling?) and gay people shouldn't raise children because what are they teaching them.

I walked out of the room and the therapist took me into her office where I started crying. She tried to calm me down but she also said she believed being gay is a sin and that pastors shouldn't be gay.(This happens to be my one on one therapist.) she said she has plenty of friends that are gay and that she isn't homophobic.

I'm still going to go to group I just need to stick up for myself and the gay community.

She has been my therapist for a year and she helped me when I was suicidal but I never knew this side of her and I don't know if I need to get a new therapist.

What should I do? I'm terrible at making decisions.

2. thepandaboss

New therapist, stat. A therapist/psych needs to be objective and shouldn't try to prothetelyse you during sessions. Also, you're under no obligation to be the advocate/therapist for a bunch of bigoted shitheads.

3. Charlz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This 100%

4. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    me too 100% but it annoys me when people throw the story of sodom and gamorrah as a means to say god hates gay people ...in the story jesus came to this dudes house and these other dudes came knocking on the door and said "bring him out so we can have sex with him"...ummm ofcourse hes gonna get pissed...id burn the city too thinking these people are evil using people as sexual objects rather than seeing them in the way of love...:rolle:

5. Irisviel

a therapist who is not lgbt friendly is a sh*t therapist, and that's all there is left to say about it. New one is definitely in order.

6. crystalgem

Out Status:
    A few people
    i would immediately get a new therapist