1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting HRT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iamjustababy, May 14, 2016.

1. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi.

So, my next appointment with my gender doctor is in a few weeks, and it'll be my 1 year anniversary of getting my hormone blocker implant in.

Anyways...the thing is, I really want to ask about starting testosterone at the appointment, because if the entire family is on board she's give you your first T shot that day.

I want to ask, but my parents have their doubts about it, and the long term effects on fertility and things like that.

So I guess what I'm asking is, if you're on T, what did you do about fertility? Did you get your eggs frozen? Not worry about it at all?

Help???

I want to get some actual opinions from people who've been on T for a while.

Thanksies!!

Edit: shit just realized this might not apply to some people... Well if you want to give me general advice on starting T, that's fine as well!!

#1 iamjustababy, May 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not on T yet, but this is what I know.

Getting on testosterone does have negative effects on fertility, but there is the option of getting your eggs frozen beforehand.

I personally won't worry about it. I don't intend on having kids, and neglecting to get all of that removed could end up in accidental pregnancy, which, as a man... would be rather troubling. So basically I don't want to be fertile anyway.

But, obviously, if you do want kids then I would look into freezing your eggs. T will cause risks if you are waiting to do something further down the line.

3. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahh okay

I've never personally wanted kids, but my parents think I'll regret not getting my eggs frozen if I don't. So I guess that's something to look into.. Anyways thanks again!

4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Egk, who cares? Adopt XD. I don't know if this is because of being trans but I am horrified by pregnancy, don't have maternal instincts or biological clock, don't see why it matters that your kid is related to you, and think there are too many unwanted babies already.

But, if you think this is a valid concern, by all means freeze some eggs. I'd consider keeping some so they could be put in my fiancee in case she was infertile.