1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride But Closeted

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BookWriter1994, May 14, 2016.

1. BookWriter1994

Pride is coming up pretty soon next month. It starts on the 25th in June and I really want to go.

I am kind of out but not really out to my parents even though I told them a few times that I may or may like girls. I kind of came out to them twice now and I am still not even sure yet!

I have been wanting to go to Pride since I started to question myself back in 2014 when I was 20..

How can I do this?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You could just go, if someone figures it out are you worried they'll be negative about it? And even if they are, and you don't hate lying about things, I'm pretty sure straight-allies go so you could lie and say you're one of them.

3. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

If you really don't want to tell them, latch it on to something else and say you are going to that. Say your going to a particular event and then go join Pride afterwards is what I mean. I did this last year and then told my family I had gone to Pride when I came back.

Or you could just lie about going to some other event and go to Pride instead.

Good luck!

#3 Connorcode, May 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  4. rudysteiner

Considering you're 22 and don't have to tell your parents where you're going, could you not just say you're going somewhere else, and just go to Pride if you really have to? Or, I don't know how gay-friendly your family is, but I know more straight females than gay people that go to Pride, so you could still say you're going to Pride, without saying 'I'm going to Pride but I'm straight' or I'm going to Pride because I'm gay'.

5. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As 'Secrets5' said: "You could just go."

As for me, I'm closeted and have 'just gone' ... more than once.
    I'll admit that the thought was a bit scary before going the first time, once I was there any of those thoughts/feelings went away, & I even felt like I fit in.

6. guitar

If you're going to be in the downtown area, just wander over and check it out. I happened to in Toronto for world pride so I wandered over and checked it out for 20 minutes.

7. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know how it is where you are but here in Chicago a LOT of straight people come both to watch and to march in the parade. Even having people know you are going may say less about you than you think...

8. PaperInkling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The pride week near me is June 1st-11th and I wanna go but I am only out to 2 people.