1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experimenting With Girls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LeahCuriosity, May 15, 2016.

1. LeahCuriosity

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, I'm new to this sort of thing but was wondering what to do. Lately I've been having dirty thoughts about females but when I wake up and go about my everyday life I don't feel anything towards other women (I don't get turned on by any female I come in contact with). Do you guys think this is something I should explore or just a fantasy and nothing more?

#1 LeahCuriosity, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  2. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally, I think that if you're comfortable with exploring it then you should go for it, as long as you're not hurting anybody (i.e. make sure they know beforehand that it is only experimenting. Getting your hopes up just to be turned away when you weren't expecting it sucks, I know from experience). That way, even if it does turn out to just be a "fantasy", at least you'll know, no harm done. And if it turns out to be something more than a fantasy, I imagine you'd be glad that you did choose to experiment.

Good luck in whatever decision you end up making!

#2 Gunsmoke, May 15, 2016
  3. LeahCuriosity

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If I do decide to go for it, how should I go about something like that? I'm more of the quiet type and don't easy talk to people unless they talk to me first. How would I go about meeting new people?

4. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Unfortunately, I too am a quiet type so I probably can't offer good advice on this. However, I found an article (I will link it below) that might help? I'm sorry: I know you said "quiet", not "shy/socially awkward", but hopefully some of the tips could help. Personally, I agree with the idea of getting out more often. Perhaps a better idea would be to look into some physical LGBTQ+ spaces - I didn't know this until recently, but LGBTQ+ cafes are a thing and a Google search should easily find some near you. It's not like you have to walk in there and start flirting, maybe if you had a trustworthy and more talkative friend with you, you might find it easier to meet others. Sorry, I know I'm not the most useful person...

The article: How to Meet Someone When You

#4 Gunsmoke, May 15, 2016
  5. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say that if you are sexually interested in women, then yes, by all means, enjoy that kind of sexual experimentation.

Given what you've said, that would translate to: experiment in your dreams.

If IRL you don't actually feel attracted toward or sexually drawn toward women, why would you want to experiment then?

(I suspect there's more in play than what you're telling us, or you wouldn't have asked the question.)

#5 biAnnika, May 15, 2016