1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IRC or IM

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by goratrix, Jul 1, 2005.

1. goratrix

Ok, so... I was thinking how cool it would be to have an IRC server of EC, or at least a channel on one of the free networks...

just a place to hang out and chat with people... you know.

I do IM (with MSN) with some ppl of this forum, but it's not the same as an IRC channel...

so...

anyone? comments?

2. I don't use either IRC or MSN IM, so I don't really know. But spreading access to a safe space for open discussion is always a good thing. :slight_smile:

3. nisomer

An IRC channel is an awesome idea! I used to have a channel for my counterstrike clan, dunno if it's still up...

4. goratrix

*loosing some respect for nk* you had a cs clan??

Sorry, I hate cs, and I hate people that play cs... that's probably because the only cs players I know are all a bunch of freaks that do nothing but play cs and stupid mmorpg games... and this coming from me is a bit hypocrit, but they are worse than me.

Anyways, I'm sure you are not that kind of person... but then again, you actually liked Episode 3... so... who knows... XD (j/k!)

Ok... so... should we ask seth to set up a server? or search a safe net where we can home it?? I like the idea of asking seth... but... I'm not sure he has enough bw to spare... so...

Any mod could please ask seth?

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have asked JD, Seth and Corny to take a look at this thread and comment as appropriate.

6. Micah

The general rule about people on IRC seems to be "Attractive, single, mentally stable: choose two"

:slight_smile:

7. nisomer

LOL! What you say is very true. I know tons of people like that. And that is the reason I've basically stopped playing games. WAAY TOO ADDICTING!

8. goratrix

And yet sometimes, you can't even choose two... and in some extreme cases not even one...

but hey! we are all attrac... oh, well... that would rule me out... singl.... well hopefully not for long... so doesn't count... and I won't even dare mention mentally stable...

9. Micah

:grin: Wise choice.

10. Corny

Corny Guest

while i agree that IRC is the most sophisticated way to chat, i don't think an extra irc server for EC is neccessary. you can of course open a channel on some network and chat there :slight_smile:
    i think the problem with an "official" chat for a site like this is that we can't control it all the time.
    but let's wait what JD/Seth say :wink: