1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some of your favourite places?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kodo, May 19, 2016.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As per the title, what are some of your favourite places? This could be local or far away, as a home or just to visit, you name it. Explain why.

2. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My closest friend Evan's house. His mom is an animal rehaber, so she always has little raccoons z squirrels, opossums, and birds to feed and hold.

Also because when i'm there it means me and him get to hang ::slight_smile:

3. Formality

I really liked the village I spent my high school days. Partially because of the people I spent it with, but also the beautiful nature surrounding it that I don't really have living here in Stockholm. I could just slip on my running shoes and run for hours in the forest, run up the mountain, down to the river, run along the river for a while, find a nice place to rest for a minute pick some blueberries and have a sip of fresh water from a nearby stream. Or I could take my bike up the road to the top of the mountain with my friends and race through the forest to the bottom. Sure it was dangerous, but it was a ton of fun. Or in the winter when we used to take our skiis up to some nice spot and build a jump. It was horribly exhausting to walk up for 10 minutes to have 10 seconds of skiing, but it was so worth it! That is the way to live life!

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My grandpa used to live out in the country. He had a fairly big house, had a field in his backyard, and lived near multiple farms. It was a pretty cool place. Especially when I was younger, my family and my aunt's family used to hang out for a week or two there. But he moved so those days are done.

I also really like the area near where my dad goes hunting :slight_smile:

5. Psaurus918

The Adirondack Mountains. They aren't the tallest mountains but I love hiking, camping and exploring them.

Lake Ontario. My family use to have a camp there and even though it's a lake it's almost like being at the ocean.

Lastly my best friends house, it's like having a 2nd home.

6. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spirits Bay/Piwhane - I used to go up there a lot with my family when I was younger. It's an isolated bay at the northern tip of the north Island in New Zealand. It's about a 6 hour drive from where I stay, my granddad used to say it is where the sleepless spirits crossover to the afterlife hence the name spirits bay.

Waiuku - I grew up here in Auckland, but also in Waiuku. Waiuku is a country town about a two hour drive from here depending on the traffic lol.. I had a pet goat called nana that died when I was eleven.. She was given to me by a girl I liked called racquel when I was seven

I have tons more but.. Meh.. Hehe

7. Umme

An abandoned quarry turned abandoned reservoir. On a sunny day looking at it from a nearby forest is really beautiful.

8. HerrinDesFeuers

A campsite in the middle of nowhere in southern France. I go there to a camp every summer and these two weeks are always the best weeks of the year. Unfortunately this summer will be my last time there. I could cry even now when I think about it. So many great people I met there, so many great experiences and memories.
    I will miss it.

9. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oxford - for those of you who don't know, it's an old city in Southern England and really beautiful. They have a 5-storey bookshop so I'm sold.

Also the woods near my house. It surrounds a shallow river and is full of fallen leaves no matter what time of year it is, and a lot of bluebells bloom there around this time of year.

10. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The forests of the Sierra Nevada (the house I grew up in is located within them, on the periphery)--I never feel more at home or at peace than I do when I'm in the sea of ponderosa pines.

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't been there in years, but our local museum dedicated to Harry Houdini comes to mind.

12. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a few provincial parks near where I live that I absolutely adore, as well as a few beautiful conservation areas (I'm not sure if these really count as places, as I feel like this thread is more geared towards towns/communities).

I love driving out to one or another, and then just walking around for hours, listening :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Makes me happy as a damn clam.

I'll be booking my camping days, once i figure out my schedule.

13. Glowing Eyes

I love visiting downtown Atlanta and getting out of the boring suburbs.

#13 Glowing Eyes, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  14. Naxams

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    an autumn woods in the break of dawn when the wind picks up and rustles the leaves as calm sensation flows over you the peacefulness of the forest is very calming so you decide
    to rest under a tree admiring the cool breeze flowing around you and sound of the forest surrounds you. You drift away into a wonder like state, and for a moment you forget all your troubles. This is why I like a forest in autumn