1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom wants me to date a man

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, May 20, 2016.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My cousin came to visit yesterday, and my mom asked him if he can't set me up with his friend :eusa_doh: My cousin managed to dodge the question, but I was just like, "World, swallow me now!" This friend is a nice guy. And from what I can remember, not bad looking either. But why is my mom so desperately wanting me to date a man? I thought she was ok with me being bisexual, and possibly dating a woman. She's adamant that I'm just lonely, and confused... Here we go again!

Have any of your parents tried to "hook you up" with someone? It's super embarrassing. I mean, it's not like I'm too awkward to meet someone. Well, actually I am awkward, but that has never stopped me from meeting someone new. Ugh! :eusa_doh:

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, but they constantly talk about me getting a boy or girlfriend when I grow up. Completely ignoring I could date someone whose non-binary. Anyway, It gets really annoying, and I wonder what they'd say if I told them there's a good chance I don't want a relationship when I grow up. (because I'm 18 now and they told me I'd feel different about relationships when I'm an adult, which I legally am now, and I feel no different).

#2 Secrets5, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  3. Athame

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    My dad keeps giving me "tips" on how to find a husband so that I can make him some grandchildren.

4. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually, my mom's pretty cool about me being celibate and not feeling like dating.SHe once even explained my celibacy/zero interest in dating to my grandmother! Though, she once asked if I intended to date any time soon. Boy! Was that awkward. She also thinks I'm straight, because I told her that I wasn't gay... She also thought that I was asexual and she seemed pretty cool about it. My grandmother thinks I'm gay. Lately, she's been getting really gung-ho about me one day bringing a man home, and grandchildren!!! She clings onto any 'sign' of femininity. She's pretty old-school so, femininity pretty much means heterosexuality to her.

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom tries to convince me to 'give him a chance', referring to my best guy friend who's admitted to having a crush on me.

And yet she claims she accepts me. -_-'

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm your mother now velvet and I want you to date who you want *coughs* *a girl*

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a supportive mother. ^^

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You've got to put your foot down. This, combined with your whole "Facebook" thread don't paint a supportive picture.

My parents are pretty relaxed about the whole thing, but I know they'd prefer if I did marry a woman (preferably Mexican-American), have kids, etc.

9. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I was lucky that my mom sort of knew I was bi before I did and she's fine with whoever I want to date. I can't imagine it being forced on me... ugh!!!

10. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YOU ARE AN AWESOME MOTHER! Thank you for being so understanding and supportive! Love you Mom :grin:

---------- Post added 30th May 2016 at 01:11 AM ----------

Well, I'm going to Pride anyway, whether she supports it or not. Busy making a new thread about that actually. I've already told her about Pride and she said I don't need her permission to go. If I want to go, I can go. So at least she's fine with that part *phew*