1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really, really, really wanna do ballet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Opztradz, May 22, 2016.

1. Opztradz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You can tell by the title that i want to start up ballet, it just looks like my thing. However the problem is I don't know how to tell my mum that I want to do it... She's amazing and I know she would be 100% for it but I'm not sure why I still don't have the courage to talk to her about it, what if it makes it obvious about my sexuality etc? and if my brother found out he would just perminalty call me gay, he's that kinda person.

Anyway, how should I tell my mum? Because honestly this feels like it's as hard as coming out haha, thanks.

2. tyro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    As far as your brother goes he will most likely mature at one point

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should go for it. If you think your mum will be supportive, then that's great! You don't want to miss your opportunity because you were to scared to speak up. Especially when people might not react as badly as you think. :slight_smile: These days ballet is quite a trendy thing for boys to do, regardless of your sexuality. I don't think it's seen as unusual anymore- Billy Elliot's been out for a while now, people are over it. :lol:

4. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed. Plus a dancers body will reward you for the rest of your life.
    I have one male cousin that went into dance and one that was a pro gymnast. Both of them were always fit, healthy (and still are) and happy. Neither had any trouble being accepted or meeting girls etc.
    I wish I'd have been encouraged when I was younger too because I hated competitive sports but I suppose my parents didn't want to encourage my 'gayness' :dry:

Ballet will be good for your health, happiness and future opportunities, it doesn't have anything to do with your sexuality.
    If your brother does make teasing comments, it's probably only through jealousy.

5. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should just go for it! I actually think that male ballet dancers are really attractive, and it's not odd or anything. Plus, it will make you unique! And if people do assume you're gay, then guys will start having crushes on you (because they'll realize they have a chance) and you'll get to date them. And you'll be really fit(hey hey hey, six pack and solid legs). So, go for it! :slight_smile: