1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So an interesting study I found

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by europeanguy, May 22, 2016.

1. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So i cant find it anywhere BUT apparently children can tell which of them are the favorite, as an older brother, i can genuinely tell (im only 1 year and 10 months older then my sister btw) you just know because of many different things such as the fact that my parents usually ignore me, but listen to my sister, allow my sister to interrupt me, but tell me off for interrupting her, they also value her achievements more then mine. the list goes on but im curious as to whether its just me who can tell or can everyone tell like they say? hell heres a fun little quiz to find out if you don't know (probably a none serious quiz though so dont take it to heart!)

Quiz: Are you your mother’s favorite child? | Fusion

2. ExistentialWolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have two older brothers, and both my oldest brother and myself can tell that the middle brother is the favorite. After a while you learn to accept it and realize that it's not that big of a deal haha

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is shameful... But in all honesty I do believe in my family everyone's treated equally. I've never told *anyone* this, but I've been told by my mom, my dad, my grandma, 2 of my 3 siblings, and at various points I think all of my 6 nieces and nephews that I'm their favourite of each respective category.

I think I'm just the most easy going of us all, and I genuinely have fun with each of my family members. I swear I'm not an asshole egotistical person. I've never shared this information with anyone. It's always kind of been my super happy secret.

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm our dad's favourite, and my sister is our mom's favourite. But if either of us are up to no good, they team up and do what needs to be done (PEP talk... :rolle:slight_smile:

I think I'm the more rebellious one though, and more often than not get into trouble. :grin: When there's a fight in the house, I'm the cause of the fight like 85% of the time :icon_redf I think I caused most of my parents' grey hairs and worry wrinkles :lol:

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sister is 9 years older than me so it's hard to compare. From looking at pictures and hearing stories, I feel like my sister was more spoilt as a child than I was, and there are home videos of her as a child while there are none of me.

I don't think that means she's the favourite child, but that my mother paid more attention to her when she was a child than she did to me, because there was no one else to pay attention to.

But OTOH, my mother worked while my sister grew up but she chose not to with me, so there's a connection between me and my mother that my sister doesn't seem to share. My grandmother helped a lot with raising my sister and my sister apparently used to call our grandmother 'Mum' because my mum was often at work.

I also feel disconnected from most of my family in a way my sister doesn't because my sister and most of my cousins are a lot older than me so they all grew up together. My sister has a close connection to some of her aunts and uncles, but I don't share that same connection. So I think if my aunts and uncles were to pick a favourite, she would definitely be the favourite.

This is mostly just speculation though. Either way it's not something I've ever given much thought because it doesn't concern me. I can categorically state that I was very close to my mother as a child and would want to spend nearly every waking moment with her.

#5 imnotreallysure, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm definitely my dad's favorite, even if he will never say it.

I'm the only one he helped with as a baby, apparently (changed diapers, fed etc.). I'm also pretty much the only one who calls him and I'm the one who agrees the most with doing activities. He also enjoys discussing politics and geography with me. My brother and sister are always kind of doing their own thing, so it's harder for him to make them go out of the house.

My mom is always trying to make everything equal and refuses to have any favorites. She used to compare me to my siblings and tell me that ''she did that, so you should too.'' or ''your brother never gave me so much trouble!''. Now, she's telling my siblings to get a grip because I'm the youngest and I'm the only one who moved out... I think she's just really critical of everybody.